Why do all the other manufacturers play the catch up game....

SRX7

and can't get it right the first time and change things the next year or play copy cat.
Example,
SD new secondary???
AC engines have the shakes???
Hell they all have Yamaha look alike instrument clusters and
they seem to have TPS for timing???
What is it can they not get it right or have to follow someone else.
Im sure Ive missed many other copy cat ideas
(add some more if you wish)
I just can't beleave what I read sometimes.
Oh Ya doesn't the new Fusion look like Alf. ;):D
10085070.jpg
05_Performance_segimage.jpg

This is funny
f7_3_gallery.jpg

Last edited:

and the firecat looks like a chicken hawk, a rootin tootin pop gun shootin chicken hawk, watch out foghorn leghorn :ORC smells like cat #$%&* tastes like cat #$%&*

Last edited:
i would go back to my child hood sled 1969 olympic ski-dog,then ride either one of thease 2 sleds at least the olympic was good for something plowing snow hehehe

You could say they all copy each other.
You could say that the old ProAction Yamahas were very much like Indys. They handled, rode and sounded just like an XLT. They triples were a LOT faster than XLTs though...
When I first saw the Fusion pictures, I thought it was ugly. Then I saw it in person and thought, "Hmmm, I guess its not that bad." However, now that the Fusion has sunk in and the newness of it has worn off, I dont like it.
Yes, its a huge evolutionary step foreward for Polaris. However, its just a big copycat.
To me, it looks like an RX-1, Firecat and REV combined. The headlights and hood look like a Cat. The gauges and seat are all Yamaha. The general shape of the sled is very REV-like. Especially the look of it from the side, with how everything is foreward and how the "wheel wells" are shaped.
All in all, I think we can expect more from Polaris.
Ive also heard that it has some serious fuel consumption issues and that it needs better wind protection. I read in a magazine who claimed they rode one in light rain and after about 20 minutes they were soaked.
I dont think its fair to say that everyone plays catchup to Yamaha. In terms of high-output 4-strokes, durability and comfort, Yes.
Yamaha still doesnt have a true ditchbanger. The Monoshock gets them very close to that but they arent there yet.
Id like to see them give the 600 2-stroke triple powervalves, triple pipes and fuel injection and put it in the RX-1 chassis, now that would be something.
They could do a 1 year build, just to thumb their noses at the other brands. As if to say, "see, we can beat you at your own game. We chose to embrace the future and build 4-strokes, however."
I know Yamaha is capable of it, but I know that to them it would be a step backward and would waste time and money that could be better spend at designing better 4-strokes.
Hebi

I could ask you the same...
Here is why I dont think even the '05 RX-1 is a true ditchbanger: its too heavy!
That sled is around 560 dry, thats over 100 more than any of the 800cc ditchbangers. I dont care how centralized the mass is, 100 pounds is 100 pounds.
I think the monoshock is a great suspension and its something that Yamaha's sleds have badly needed.
Even though the monoshock's origins were in snocross racing its been a long time since Yamaha had the factory sno-x team and they just dont have the sled that will do it right now.
Honestly, I wish they did. I know that a lot of people who ride REVs, Firecats and Pro-Xs like Yamaha's quality and durability but all say the same thing, Yamaha doesnt make a sled for someone who likes to ride the big bumps.
I hope the rumors are true about Yamaha coming out with a ditchbanger for '06 though...
Hebi

How about Arctic Cat using force air introduction. LOL I remember some wise *** on on ArcticChat.com last year was making fun of Yamaha and how they all thought force air intro was the best thing but it sucks. I asked him how come arctic cat put it in there firecats the year after it came out if it sucked so bad, of coarse I didn't hear from him after that

My sxr is the only rear suspension ive road that holds up to ditch pounding!

That polaris looks like the rx1 and the cat got in a fight and thats what came out of it.

Wow! Talk about a narrow field of view. Let's see now. Bombardier did RER, the Elite and the REV chassis, Polaris did the M-10, adjustable stearing post, a scary fast 600 and the Fusion, Arctic cat did IFS (which everyone, including Yamaha, now copies), batteryless EFI, experimented with computer controlled shocks and has a radical series of engines (F's). It took Yamaha 6 years to develope a decent suspension (only decent) and now use a converted motorcycle engine in their top of the line machine. 145hp for a 1000cc engine. 'Cat did better 4 years ago. 120hp in a 1000cc engine, come on. 580 pounds! Nothing weights 580 pounds these days. Take off 80 pounds and its still 2 years behind in this catagory.

You may think I logged on here just to slag Yamaha but you are dead wrong. Yamaha's are obviously liked by many. Guys in my group are using them and that's fine by me. We trade all the time and everyone is happy to get back on their own sled. I'd be a little more carefull about that whole pedestal thing and slaggin' anything that you do not understand!

I can respect you post but lets not let this get out of hand. I would like to hear others views on this topic but lets keep it on the level.

I give more to Doo then I do to the others. New Polaris is a Doo wanna be and the M10 was Fasts product because they struggled to compete in the suspension Market. As far as Yamaha skid being behind the times...have you driven the new mono shock??? As far as skids go, Yamaha set the bar in long travel in production sled even tho Fasts aftermaket skid had the best ride. .... :WayCool: ...even though Yamaha put a bike engine in a sled...it has also set the bar for 4 stroke in sleds as well.

But remember one thing...we can stand high and proud in this site..it is a YAMAHA site :o|

Thanks
Tom

Let's not leave out oil injection, hand warmers that work, heat exchangers in the foot wells, and head lights that are second to none - I've rode with every other brand out there and it is the little things that Yamaha has done that other brand owners I ride with marvel at - not to mention they still have the best fit and finish in the industry - something I always laugh at is the gas gauge on all the other brands is still in the gas tank cap - that is where it is on my John Deere lawn tractor - I don't see how you could even read it! - 25 trouble free years of Yamaha's - 100% loyal here Slappy!

I agree with what the Moderator has said. I rode a Yamaha for years and I stood up every time some know nothing started in with the garbage. All of the manafucturers are making some real neat stuff and everyone is borrowing/copying good technology. Power Valves are a Ski-doo invention and now everyone has them. RER on a Yamaha? Who would't. Diamond Drive? I'll take two. Yamaha has a rear skid that can be adjusted from the seat and a horny looking hi-perf 4-stroke. Maybe not for everyone but hey, enjoy what you have.

I sat on an F7 today and my God the dash and winshield are high and big.Not for me.....
Horrible machine.

PV's where not a rotax invention...Diamond drive...guess again (unless you are against top end). That being said..Polaris just pulled some good old Japanese R&D...rip off and duplicate :). Not sure who invented the PV but I know they were on bikes loooonng before skidoo installed them.

Yes I am biased...that is for certain!! If it's not a Yamaha....don't bother talking to me...really...

BTW...real sleds don't need PVs.

Back