My Sons new ride & summer project

MSASRX

Well - he's getting to big for the Polaris XC 120 - I got this baby from friends of the family that were into sledding at the time my parents started riding - that being said the last registration on the windshield says 89' - I don't think she's ran since then......Same exact sled I started on when i was 7 -8 years old. I will probably have to come up with some kind of throttle limiter like my dad did for me at that age.
1980 Enticer 250:
Suspension is froze up, seat needs recovered, carb needs to be gone through , other than some paint - she's not that bad.....

Attachments

• Picture 008.jpg
    Picture 008.jpg
    75 KB · Views: 16
  • Picture 009.jpg
    Picture 009.jpg
    76.2 KB · Views: 11
  • Picture 011.jpg
    Picture 011.jpg
    72.5 KB · Views: 11

I put a lot of miles on "my" ET250 - My dad originally bought it for my mom, but after a few years (and my mom not liking the sport) it became mine. My dad got started on a....you guessed it -an Enticer...1979 ET300 "special twin". When my dad bought a new phazer in 88' , the ET300 was mine - Just by sound it was cooler, but not really much faster than the ET250....wow what memories ! I can't wait to get this baby going...my son seems excited too !

i have an 80 enticer 250 as well. if figure out how to remove the carb, please share the info.

madzx2 said:
i have an 80 enticer 250 as well. if figure out how to remove the carb, please share the info.
I guess this might be considered a hijack, but anyway here goes (from memory) . . .
  1. Pull the airbox loose if it still has one, you will likely have to either take the electrical plugs out of the holder or remove the 2 bolts holding the holder to the airbox.
  2. Make a note of where the oil pump adjustment nuts are set to. You will use this as a start point upon reassembly.
  3. Take the jam nut and adjuster nut (the 2 nuts) off the oil pump adjustment rod. DO NOT LOOSE THESE NUTS!!! They are fine thread in a size smaller than most hardware stores carry, and you may be a while finding replacements.
  4. Pull and mark the fuel line off the carb.
  5. Pull and mark the pulse line off the carb.
  6. Pull the oil injector line off the flange if you are going to pull it with the carb.
  7. Loosen either the intake flange to engine nuts, or the carb to intake flange nuts. This depends upon what you have wrenches for. They are a bit difficult to get to. I usually pull the carb, flange, shield and all.
  8. At some point along the way you will be able to wrestle the airbox out of the way. Take note of how and when because you may want to put it back.
  9. Go slow and have a lot of patience as this can be a very frustrating job.
  10. If you do take the carb apart, note where the adjuster bolt was set to (how many full turns until it falls out) This bolt is on the bottom of the carb and adjusts the fuel level in the carb.
After many years of messing with this carb, I am going to switch to a round slide. The hardest part is fabricating a connector for the oil rod.

Good Luck!!!

Sounds right - I remember doing this to my original ET250 with my dad many years ago.....I am now looking at the present sled and it looks like the intake boot between the carb and airbox is bad, I wonder if I can order that from Yamaha ???

Hey its not summer now ( middle of winter!!!)- finally getting this old beast going(sold his XC120).......have gas tank , air box & carb. removed - will post new pics soon, can't wait to fire this ol' one-lunger up soon. Man- just had a memory of my first ET250 and how the windshied would vibrate when it sat and idled....good times!!!

Back