2000 SRX summer build

00SRXWHERRY

Well the build begins soon. I will be bringing my 2000 SRX home over the 4th of July weekend. I just bought it last season and it is my second sled. My first was a wore out 97 Red Head that I never did anything too other than seasonal maintenance and it treated me good. This is going to be my first mod sled. I'm looking to make it a trail monster!! ;)! First it is a 2000 SRX W/ 3600 miles. Some mods done before I owned it are Swissed air box, larger tubes and jets, heal klicker clutch, bender helix, red and white springs, bender can, and a 1.25 rip saw. Onece I get it back from up north I'll take some pics for some before and after shots.

Ok, What I plan on doing over the summer:
-Tear down sled and completly clean and inspect.
-Swaping out the rip saw for a 1in hack saw W/ 144 studs. (Rip saw is going on the wifes Polaris)
-Bender ADJ. transfer rods
-4th wheel.
-Hyfax savers.
-Replace bushings and rebuild rear skid.
-Right side belly pan has to be replaced.
-V-force 3 reeds
-Polishing tunnel
-Rebiuld and revalve shocks, The rear skid I am using a ya202 and a ya641 but shortened and re sprung for SRX skid.
-Do some powder coating and ceramic coat pipes.
-Tear top end down and inspect.

This is going to be my first sled build so I'm going to take my time from July all the way until December. This website is fantastic, so W/ your guys help I shoud have no problem doing this. My first two questions are: is replacing the belly pan difficult I do have a skid plate, and second where is a good place to buy some Gold digger studs and backers for cheap?

Parts I have bought already:
-Bender ADJ. transfer rods
-Hyfax savers
-4th wheel
-YA 202 PRC shock
-YA 641 shock
-Hacksaw W/ 144 woodys
-V-force3's
-Blue spoked guid wheels and bogie wheels.
-Hyfax and all rear skid bushings.
-Curve IND skis
-All 3 belly pans
-Black dash surround from a 2001
-Viper gas tank, Seat, And rear bumper
-Snow skins boot grips
-A bunch of OEM replacmet parts that were wore down.
-Here's a pic of the parts room the wifeie say's something every day about it LOL
001-4.jpg

002-4.jpg

Last edited:

Well hit a snag today. Truck blew a intake gasket possibly. It dosen't look like it will be ready to haul the trailer up to bring the sled home. So it may wait until the weekend of the 17 to be able to bring it home and this extra expense may bite into my mod money. ARRGHH.

Ya Ya Ya, lol I'll get some pics this weekend of the sled. As before I haven't started modding yet I won't be able to start until I get it back down south.

since you are going to have it apart replace all the bearings and bushings throughout the sled, have the W-arm reinforced and rewelded, check to make sure the rear suspension rails are straight, the jack shaft and drive shaft are straight (you would be surprised how out of straight they are from the factory). WHen you put it all back together all I can say is alignment, alignment, alignment. Look up BETHEVIPER's suspsension suggestions to shore-up and align your suspension.
Mills

Well got some pics for you guys of the sled for some before pictures. I'll post them tomorrow while at work just got back from up north and going to bed.

Well it's about time :)

Are those your license stickers? Damn those are horrible....

What's up with the blue wire loom that runs over your carbs, and around the PTO side?

Last edited:
Not to take away from post, nice pics by the way. Whats the best paint to use for pipes? BBQ, high temp, engine paint ect.... Cant wait to see how it comes along.

-Ya those are MI license stickers along W/ the cabin club sticker and they are huge and obnoxious.

-The blue wire loom is from the previos owner the computer harness had the typical wear threw and this is where he ran the wire after fixing it.

-Ya I plan on doing something w/ the pipes and the engine compartment needs to be cleaned up. I was hoping to get a quote from Welteracer about ceramic coating my pipes and and getting my steering componets re powder coated. If it is reasonable I'll get it done.

Question in sanding the pipes, is getting the heat sheilds off and putting them back on hard, or do you have to buy all new stuff?

Well bought some more parts today!!!! Got my track from Track USA a 121 hacksaw predrilled 144, and 144 goldiggers W/ blue aluninum backers from snow city.

Back