2000 SRX motor in a leaf spring chassis

sledge x

I picked up a 2000 SRX from a guy for $300. He said it ran but is crashed and some small parts were taken off of it. In the process of putting the pipes on and am waiting for a exhaust donut and two header flange bolts that I need to get it running. Cleaned carbs tonight and everything looks to put them back on.

To make a long story short I have other new and old sleds and restore vintage sleds professionally and kinda want something different for my self to parade around on the trail. I did some measuring of some chassis that I have laying around and I think that a 76-80 Polaris chassis is the best since they came with tripples. The bulkhead is reinforced enough and the bellypan is wide enough for the engine and pipes. I will be able to salvage the seat and gas tank off the SRX since they are in great shape. I would like to use a xtra 10 suspension in back and the Ohlins shocks up front. Not real sure what to do about a hood will probley have to cut a stock one down and fit it with the pipes and do some fiberglassing. I would also like to use the stock headlight and guage pod. Those are just some of my ideas but first thing is to get the engine running.

Sounds interesting and scary at the same time. I do some crazy sh*** on a sled but not sure I would want to run that thing past 110mph+ like it would do in a heartbeat. shoot some pictures and keep the project going.

I finally got the motor torn out of the sled and just started to eye it up in the chassis. I never said it was going to be easy but definitly cool once it is done but I guess the first question is would it be possible to weld silencers on the ends of the pipes and not sacrifice power. The stock silencer is way to big to get to get to fit. Not really sure of the size aftermarket companies either.

The stock silencer is too big in what dimensions? There are a few aftermarket silencers for the SRX's that might work for you. The MBRP is the smallest. You will lose a few hp, but it's still going to be very powerful in that chassis.

The length is the problem. I set it as far back as I could and it is going to interfere with the steering.

I looked at Aaens web site and he has quite a few silencers available.

I just remember years ago when guys were putting the loud silencers on in place of the muffler box on the tripples. I agree you propley did sacrifice hp for noise.

Back