Can I fit a 2" high track on a ´97 MM700

Kris MM700

Website
www.pbase.com
Can I fit a 2" high track on a ´97 MM700 without mod?

Has anybody put a track with 2" lugs on a ´97 Mountain Max 700 without any problems? Any input would be really great :D
Also, I'm looking in to fitting triple pipes on my sled, it just has stock pipes in it right now. What type of pipes would give the best upgrade and which parts do I have to change along with the pipes?
Cheers from Greenland!

Last edited:

You need to run 8 tooth drivers to make a 2" track fit. The best 3 pipes I have used in my MM are Simons CPR(hauck); Bender & Power inc. end dumps.

I just bought my sled 2 months ago and haven't been out on it yet, so i haven't gotten to know the sled yet. I've checked the tech pages for specs on my sled and it doesn't list how many teeth there is on the stock drive. But i'm guessing there's a 9 teeth drive on it, since it's a mountain max. Also about the pipes, do I have to do anything else to the setup of the sled if I wanna put tripples in it?

When you pipe it you must rejet & reclutch the sled but there is a lot of help on here for you.

If you pipe it and put a bigger track under it, change out the driveshaft. They had an updated driveshaft in 2002(I think that is the year). The older ones have a tendency to break. Mine broke(99MM700) and cost $1300+ to repair. Thank God for warranty.

Back