92 exciter not fireing???

Blue Devil

I have a chance to buy a exciter and it only fires when you let the key back we have changed the coil,cdi.and had the stater checked at the dealers and they said is good and the same thing what could this be?? :o| :o| ;):D

The sled has electric start.when you trun it over with the key there is no fire until you let off on the key you wil get a shot of fire enough to get a backfire.If you pull it over there is nothing.

have you actually pull the plugs to see if there is spark when cranking with the key and/or pulling??? and if so you only see a quick spark when you let off???

most of those tests at the dealers are not that accurate on the stator...sounds like the trigger coil is shot, and you will have to most likely change the trigger coil that is on the stator...would be my best guess...make sure you have checked the cdi and coil with a good one. But you cant rule out the stator being bad....that should be tested with peak volatage tester for output. Stator is aprox $350 and the trigger is around $165. So make sure your sure of the problem. If you can get the sled for $500 less then I may consider the sled.

unplug the key switch and pull it over by hand, if that doesn't work then disconnect the black/white at the cdi and try again if you get spark then you have a bad kill circuit.

Back