Out West TY Ride!!!

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Out West TY Ride!!!

HI All, Hope you are all having a great summer. I was wondering how many of you would be interested in a TY Ride out west in Togwotee WY area?? Not sure about how it would all work out but I wanted to get some idea on who would be interested.

Please comment in this thread.

I would like to go....But it wil be my first time out in the mountains so I might have to stay in the bunny hill....

It's actually Togwotee Lodge. Nearest town is Moran or Dubois. About 45 mi. north of Jackson Hole WY.

Hmmm, thats only 14 hrs away, not bad, I've never drove down anywhere to the states, wouldn't mind checking it out. Keep me posted, if it's after new years I should be able to line things up. Good place to try out the 144 I'm putting on the ol'girl.

I think it would be a great time. I always wanted to go out west and ride. Would people trailer sleds out or rent out there? I just dont think the SRX is the ideal sled for boondocking. Plus, I am a little nervous that you guys arent just trying to lure an innocent young man like myself out into the mountains to listen to the banjos. :eek: :hide:

HAHA!! Ask NICKO about BANJOS!!! You would definitely need something other than an SRX. I did some boondocking with my XTC and viper. NOT GOOD! The Viper is 136'd now, but am currently riding an 06 Attak that is 144'd with an Expert skid. I'll be changing to a 2.25or 2.5 track before going west. My 1.5 Crossover won't get the job done in REAl deep snow. Rode Togwotee in March of 08 but rented an M1000 while out there. I think with a taller track I'll be OK with the Attak.

BANJOS..????????? :dunno: :dunno:

Carefull there meat 12 they did it to me last year, I almost squeal like a pig...LOL

meat12 said:
I think it would be a great time. I always wanted to go out west and ride. Would people trailer sleds out or rent out there? I just dont think the SRX is the ideal sled for boondocking. Plus, I am a little nervous that you guys arent just trying to lure an innocent young man like myself out into the mountains to listen to the banjos. :eek: :hide:

The day before this pic was taken you couldnt make a track in the snow. 24 hours makes a big difference. It snowed like this for 3 days, we ended up with 5-6 feet of fresh pow in places.

Attachments

• DSC03260 (Custom).JPG
    DSC03260 (Custom).JPG
    37.9 KB · Views: 3
cacsrx1 said:
The day before this pic was taken you couldnt make a track in the snow. 24 hours makes a big difference. It snowed like this for 3 days, we ended up with 5-6 feet of fresh pow in places.

That is exactly what makes all of the extra cost and travel time worth while!

meat12 said:
That is exactly what makes all of the extra cost and travel time worth while!
Everybody should try the mountains atleast once. That pic was taken the last weekend in Jan at the Snowy Range. In snow like that a 144x2 is the bare minimum.

As stated if you are a novice a longer track is a must.if you are a expierence rider a 136"x2" is fine.I out climbed 162" sleds on my 136" lightweight vector and had more fun on that then my 162" apex mtn.

I'm in for shure let me know dates so i can put in for vacation.

Last edited:
where, and what dates are you thinking tom? we have ALOT of time off at xmas/new years. was thinking togwotee or west yellowstone. snowies are doable, but i need to sleep at lower elevation. last two times sleeping above 8000 i ended up sick the whole time we were there with acute mountain sickness.

are we all planning on getting out ourselves or did you want to recruit one of the transport people to load everything in and haul it out for us?

i think mom's motorsports are looking to fill the truck for one complete week right now. destination of your choosing.

ski

Back