V-Force 2 Reeds / 2000 sxr600 Question?

snomo101

Website
www.rgconcepts.net
Just picked up a set of new V-FORCE 2 reeds for a song. Does anyone know if a jet change is required after installing reeds? I am running a tempa flow and currently jetted for -20. Running SLP pipes, heel clickers. Anyone ran V-Force 2 reeds before and noticed any HP increase?

You shouldn't have to change jets for the reeds, but i dont think that you will notice much difference if any when installing the reeds. You will notice a lot more of a difference installing reeds if you have alot of other modifications that will benefit alot from the increased air/fuel flow. The stock cages actually flow pretty decent for stock

Reeds

Hummmm, I was hoping to see somewhat of a improvment. I already did the reed spacers and noticed a difference. I got the v-force reeds for 2 hundred, I thought I cant go wrong. No way I would pay $350.00 for them. I am jetted clutched and piped, I am done dumping money now. My next sled will be a RX1 and I am just going to ride it.

I'm sure you will see some improvement, but if you already have the stopper notch, the improvement wont be much, nothing like putting them on an arctic cat or polaris twin.

difference

I'm SLP piped, ported,1 head gskt, reed spacers,air box mod and I didn't see any difference racing my buds Msrx. over the stockers. They also only lasted 1 1/2 seasons before they exploded at WOT but the good thing was no engine damage.

Back