M10 on a 96 VMAX 600XT

DarkStar31

I just got a m10 trail suspension for my vmax. Can anyone tell me what kind of job this is? Iv never done anything like this before. Should i let a dealer do it or is it pretty simple, but time consuming? Any help would be Great.

yea from what i have heard its not too bad at all, just time consuming like you said. There are good instructions on this site too for the installation, should be very similar to those.

hey

swedish shock Engas makes gas shocks to xts front suspension...just came to my mind.

ike

I put one in a 98 XTC, very fun job. Its not hard, just measure the living s*&t out of everything. Double check your tripple checks.

Well finally got the m10 in took qite a while but here's a pic.Sorry only had a cell phone camera to take photo.

Attachments

• m10.jpg
    m10.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 42
I put one in my 2000 sx. You are going to love it! I had the short suspension like I think you do. Here is what I did. There are these little black plastic blocks on the m-10. I milled 1/4 inch off the bottom, or you can order white ones from FAST, about $10.00, that are the proper size. Then I softened the front shock all the way, I think you have to have five threads of preload showing min, but check with FAST. Then I have the FRA at 1-3/4 to 2, and the strap at 4/4. I am thinking about putting the strap at 3/3 but when I did that last it was very darty. I weigh 200lbs and so far so good!! I have not done anything with the front short shocks yet, I have them set with about 3/4 in set in. I think I am going to leave all as is. You are going to love the new ride!!

If I can help let me know.

Bob

Last edited:

Back