'94 Exciter - What are the Trouble Areas

Sleds@home

Hello All,

I am living in Poland for a year or so and have come across a used '94 Exciter. I have a old ‘91 Phazer back home in Chicago, IL, but I don't know much about the Exciter. The trouble is that the dealer claims it has about 150 miles on the original engine. To me that means a lot of sitting around and a good chance for rusted or bad bearings. They do ride mostly lower elevation mountains around 8000ft if that helps explain the low miles.?.

What do you guys think? The cost is about $2000 (US) which seems average for the high cost of sleds here!! FYI, a 03 carryover RX-1 is about $12K here :o|

Thanks in advance,

Brian

No such thing as a '94 Exciter, at least not in the states anyways. But 2k for an Exciter that is at least 11 years old is probably not the best deal, I know it has really low miles but even so I wouldn't pay more than $1500 for it. If it's in really good shape and you really like it than it's up to you if you want to go for it. I had a '93 Exciter, I loved it, it was a great sled, plenty fast and sharp looking, too. But about 4 years ago I bought a '95 Vmax 600 with electric and reverse for $2500, so $2000 for the Exciter now, (4 years later) seems high to me.

I guess your right; it's just so hard to find a decent sled out here without spending mega bucks. I don't want to spend $7K on a nice sled that I might not be able to bring back to the USA. I was also confused on the '94, but they claim the year is correct. They also have another "94" long track that has an asking price of $2600.

I'll see if they will take $1500 for it; however they seemed pretty set on $2K.

Thanks for the sound advice...

Brian

Back