Hauck adj.front shock mounts

I've instaled them...they lift the front off the suspension slightly...you choose...but about 3/4 of an inch..
this let's you let out the limiter strap and allows more rear suspention travel and less hyfax wear...
btw...I have a new set for sale for a sx-r for 30.00

The ones I have for my sx raise the front end 1 inch per hole. I tried viper shocks and had the same front belly clearence I had with sx shocks. It is the best way to raise the front. Be sure to locktite the bolts, they will vibrate out. Maxdlx

What they do ....they put the fron on its "hanches" more giving more ski pressure....thus allowing you to let the rear limiters all the way out....this puts less pressure on the slides...less resistance......and because the rear skid is "hanging" will make the rear skid take the bumps better!

What they do.

They change the motion ratio of the shock by moving the upper mounting location. The changing of the motion ratio may change the effective travel of the supension. The ride height may change due to the hieght differences of the holes. The up/down diferences of the hole should effect the ride height and the inboard/outboard location effects the motio ratio. There are some interaction between the two though.

http://mypeoplepc.com/members/jwiedmayer/jwiedmayer1998sx600/id2.html

JW
Went to your link. Super SX Sleeper! I'm very interested in a long travel skid. How do you like the Expert X. Saw a cheap RX-1 skid and considered that too. Like the idea of the Exp X skid since it eliminates the fragile W arm. I thought I was an agressive rider until I started reading TY regularly and I've yet to break my W arm. Neither would happen until next year tho.

:idea: Will these allow me to use viper shocks on my 700MM? Some say the shocks will bolt right on, ive tried. The only way to install them is to raise the sled all the up and back off the shock spring and it still looks to close to the belly pan because of the angles. Thanks, SOC

Sockeyerun, did you change the limiter straps when you tried. You need longer limiters to run long travel shocks. Also loosen the bolt in the bottom of the control rod, it frees up some room. Maxdlx

The Expert

This is a bit like do you like coke or pepsi? Lets start by saying I've never ridden an M-10 so my knowledge of it is from what I've read or heard. The Pro-action is better than both on glass trails, the ride height of the other two both take away the slot car feeling of the sx/srx chassis. Here's why I choose the Expert X: 1)Weight transfer, 2)Big bump capability, 3)weight. In my opinion its better then the proaction and M10 in these three cats. Now I've heard the M-10 can bbe tuned to get good weight transfer. The M-10 will also hold its own or be better than the Expert in the stutters. The Expert seems to want to kick back if you misjudge a bump and land heavy on the front of the skid. I have to say its probably the second best thing to the pipes that I spent my money on.

Another thought.

sockeyerun said:
:idea: Will these allow me to use viper shocks on my 700MM? Some say the shocks will bolt right on, ive tried. The only way to install them is to raise the sled all the up and back off the shock spring and it still looks to close to the belly pan because of the angles. Thanks, SOC

The narrow tread of the MM is killing you. I bet if you widen it out to the sxr/viper tread you would not have the problem. I don't have any experience with the mm or the sxr style shocks though.

JW,
Thanks for the good info. I love the way my sled handles, I think I'll stick with the ProAction and get more travel when I upgrade to a Viper S or Vector. I'm keeping the SX tho. I think I read somewhere that the M-10 doesn't hook up as well. BTW I like both coke and pepsi.

Back