Vmax Control rod spacer question

elevatorman718

Website
mysite.verizon.net
Vmax tranfer rod spacer question

Hello all, I am new here but have been reading the posts for a few days now. My question is with the stock Transfer control rods is the mod to get more weight transfer to remove the top spacer? The Tech section is a little vague on this. Thanks for the help, Gary

Last edited:

The thinner the top spacers the more weight transfer you will get.

I just replaced the factory ones with a 2.5mm one on my 2000 sx600r. I have only tried it on the grass so far, but it transfered way beter. Maybe too much. We'll see the first time I slam the thing into a corner and hit the gas. If I don't hit a tree, I guess I'm ok. I am going to bring along a couple of 5mm ones so I can snap them on in an emergency right on the trail. It will take some fine tuning to get it just right.

A friend of mine pulled them out of his 01 srx and it was great going in a straight line. I didn't care for it coming out of the corners. With the power of the sled, and 192 picks, I couldn't keep the skis on the ground. If I were you I'd look for a set of adjustable rods so you can dial in what ever transfer you like.

I would like to get a set of the adjustable rods, but I cant see throwing money into a sled I only plan to keep for this season. If I just do some of the inexpensive mods to it that are mostly just my time and labor, I can get a little more fun out of it and move on to a new sled. I mostly use it on the trails anyways and it is more than adequite as a trail machine, it just lacks the top end and ability to pull the skis that you would think a 700 triple should have. I need to work on clutching and traction issues.

Back