optimistic pre-season srx project

staggs65

well, finally got the srx out of storage
DSCN1650.jpg
DSCN1648.jpg

i've got a list of things i'd like to do that's longer than i'll probably have time to do but we'll see how far i get.
install sc10-III
DSCN1649.jpg

i'm going to mount a 06 vector seat on it, i've pretty much figured out how i'm going to do everything, the tank bag is going to be my temporary way of hiding the gap at the tank until i build something permanent
DSCN1647.jpg

under the rear of the seat i'll build a storage box out of aluminum that will also help support the seat and house a tail light
the rest of the list of to dos
repaint the hood (doing away with the purple and yellow theme)
raise the front to match the new skid
my pre-season maintenance of course
strip and polish tunnel, polish pipe and clutch covers
some general cleaning and detailing, last year was mechanical this year cosmetic
there's more but that's enough for now

Last edited:

just talked to don pizor tonight, looks like tommorrow i'll be pulling the engine and sending out for some porting and case work, so much for sticking to cosmetics this year

well finally able to get started over the weekend,
stripped everything down
DSCN1656.jpg

man is it dirty, cleaning everything is the next step
heres the parts pile
DSCN1659.jpg

installed the skid
DSCN1657.jpg

waiting on new bearings to put the new 1" predator in
DSCN1658.jpg

more to come

So youre the one who bought that predator out of the Uncle Henrys?

:o| :mrgreen:

Project looks good, the way this winter is looking youve got plenty of time to finish it :letitsnow

heres some pics of the impala before the panels were hung, dont have any more recent
DSCN1090.jpg

DSCN1087.jpg

the blue on the firewall is the color the car will be with a white top, did a full frame off, rotissire(sp?), has air ride suspension, and a pretty nasty small block, should be a fun ride, another interesting part to this car, my grandfather won this car in a cribbage game back in the 70s

lol... no problem, that ones a 66 delta 88, thats my street sleeper, it wasn't done in that pic but now it has a 600hp 454 chevy, turbo 400 manual valvebody, 3.89 posi, it's in black epoxy primer now, all go no show

i've rebuilt/tuned carbs on just about every motorsports vehicle i've ever owned-sleds,bikes,dirtbikes,atvs,muscle cars etc.... my 5hp snowblower would only run half choked during our first snow so i cleaned the carb. well now it doesn't run at all! looks like another day lost from the sled project, everytime i think i'll work on it life comes and kicks me square in the jewels

got the snowblower running... ok "I" didn't do anything but it's running all the same so back to the srx
got all my drive bearings and seals so the track and suspension are now in, also did some polishing on the tunnel, more to do still but its looking pretty good
DSCN1680.jpg

i cleaned the chaincases real good but didn't like the looks of them still so i painted them with a metallic silver wheel paint
DSCN1681.jpg

hopefully tomorrow get some more accomplished

mailman brought some more presents
viper shocks, thanks DNALE, look good for a fair price, good seller
DSCN1683.jpg

and the best part of this build
the cpr 780 top end, going this way instead of porting mine I still have my stock top end so if something unfortunately happens i'm not down waiting for parts to be matched, and i have the option of selling my topend wich would make this kit not a big expense, thanks JABBER800, like DNALE a great member, very helpful, a pleasure to deal with
DSCN1682.jpg

Stagg, what 5hp motor do you have. I know a little about snowblowers/small engines. Did you loose any of the little o-rings. If you didnt pull them out first and sprayed carb cleaner, they are swollen and junk. Replace. If you need any help let me know, Im guessing with your current project, you dont, but the offer stands.

Meat

Last edited:

Back