Hello

winger

New guy on the block. Hope you guys can help me out.
I plan on changing my 2000 srx over to a 151" to take out to
the snowies in 05. Been there a couple times and love it. envy you guys that live there or are close by.
Couple questions. Is it worth the time and money
to put an extension on it or is it a waste of time, Never had to re-jet
since it was a flat land sled for years, how much of a pain is it to re-jet
for 10,000 feet. Hartmans has a kit that i am looking at. hoping for some
input here before i spend the money.....thanks

Thanks. Kinda what i thought soak 1-2K vs 7-8K for a new sled. Not too sure about
the jetting part, but when it comes times i'll be asking questions. thanks again

I just got done installing the Hartman 121-151 kit in my 97 SX and it looks awsome will be trying out day after x-mas at togatee lodge.

Winger, you will need to do the following things. Re-gear, re-clutch, and re-jet, all three will make a big difference at 10,000'

Gearing for a 151" at 10,000' shoot for around 2.05 to 2.20 range, depending on how much high marking you want to do.

Clutching. Basic starting point set-up, would be set the primary weight/spring to what the chart says for the elevation your riding at. Secondary, 45* helix with a silver sec spring would be good starting points. Most likely you will need to fine tune the rpms, for snow conditions and riding style once your there.

Carbs, rejetting and adjusting the needle height will be a must. I would pick up a couple of sizes around the chart listing for your elevation. If you need to make a change, you'll have the parts, with minimum down riding time. Dont forget the pilot jets too!

Mtnviper,
Thanks...Tom Hartman told me to go to a 2-1 ratio on the gearing. He suggested 21top 42 bottom. That sound about right?
I've got heel ckickers on the primary and a rockect roller secondary. Like you said get a good starting point and go from there. What size jets are usually used at 9-10k feet? I've never had to mess with the carbs on this sled. So it's all new to me. Any info you have on rejetting and needle height would be greatly appreciated.

Winger,

Around,

MJ 1&2 @ 135
MJ #3 @ 132.5
PJ 60
JN 2
PS 2.5

...give or take a MJ size.

Thanks...have to try it out. You guys lose the pipes and go to a single to save some wieght? How about the getting rid of the airbox and running some filters. How about a jetting for dummies book :Moon: :Moon:

Back