96 Vmax Bumper over the plastic?

dnale

VIP Member
I saw on ebay a couple of weeks ago (and lost...) a Yamaha external bumper for the '96 xt. It mounted near the struts but went around the front of the plastic bumper. It had a yahama number and a supposed original msrp. I should have bid a couple dollars more, but such is life and ebay.

But I wanted to know if anyone knew of such a bumper and if it did exists, was it good, worth it, where could I get one....etc....

Thanks.

Never heard of it. I looked in the parts finder and didn't see any option like it.
If you have the part # maybe you can run a search in the parts finder. :rockon:

Last edited:
It was ebay Item number: 2496990699. I thought it had a number listed but it doesn't.

"New old stock external front bumper/ grab-bar. Genuine Yamaha accessory fits only vmax 500 & 600 with strut front suspension (1994-1996) This can be a handy item when in deep snow since there is not much to lift on on these sleds, or would be a good thing to have on for riding in heavy brush areas. Had list price of 109.95, now up for auction with no reserve. "

Does this look familiar?

Attachments

• 87_1_b.jpg
    87_1_b.jpg
    14.2 KB · Views: 6
That's what I was thinking. I saw it on ebay and was like wow....that would be nice! However my cheap asp missed it by less than $5.

Back