Yamaha Snowblowers are Back in 2010

They announced it last year. Supposed to sell in the states too. Yamaha has been in the snowthrower game as long as anyone else. For some reason they stopped selling them in North America early 90's.

They seem similar to Honda's and throw snow just as far. Not sure if they have a hydrostatic drive tho. Sure love it on my Honda.

p.s. This is a tank...

ys1390ar.jpg

Man, looking at that snowblower, can't imagine there's much that won't go through. Could have a kids bike buried in the snow, wouldn't even know you hit it...

Funny vid indeed!

Anyone bought one this year? You like it? Any story or video to share?

Here is one I found where the bias dealer compares an old honda to the new yamaha. All I can say is I have a 5 year old, 9hp 28" wheeled Honda and I couldn't be happier. Sounds more like the 928 yamaha in this vid then the honda.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8cdmgSiXjik

I should take a pic of ours and post it, its from the 80's. I think in third gear it tops out at 1.3 mph or something (its in the manual) My grandfather bought it back in the day. Still runs like a champ. New ones are priced close with the honda's.

I have a 6hp yamaha, it runs like a clock, motor is fully rollerized, not bushed like brigs stuff, motor is mounted in rubber motor mounts, almost no viberbration or noise compared to other blowers i have used. starts with a coule pulls off the cord, never needed to use the 110 starter. Have no idea why they stopped, mower were great as well I have heard.

Interesting looking blowers! If they run like the generators that I have had experience with, they will be a nice blower. Never have been a fan of the "tracks" on a snowblower as I find it personally a LOT easier to control a wheeled blower, but if they were to come out with a wheeled one, I'd take a look if I were ever in the market again. The only other thing on the 928 one is all the sheet metal....that'll make changing belts a PITA.

Guess until then, I'll continue to run my deere. (the commercial one, not the crap they sell at home depot) Something about the older snowblowers being well built like tanks that they seem to last forever and go thru anything. If the 8 hp Tecumsah motor (1st pull start even in the coldest of weather...never needed the plug in start) ever went on mine, I'd have to look at tossing one of those 8 or 9 hp OHV motors (or larger) and making a freak project out of it!

So....when does Yamaha enter the push and riding mower sector? ;)!

Back