Mr.Sled took clutch apart look what i found

REDMATER

tya
Website
mysite.verizon.net
pulled the clutch this morning and found a busted primary spring also took the weights and rollers out, do the rollers look worn to you looks like scaring to me? do you know what to use to clean of the hard rubber deposit i clean it up but want to do a through job
is there anything else i should look for? there doesnt seem to be any cracks that o can see,some rubber on the sheaves down by the shaft but thats about it

Attachments

• Dscf0053.jpg
    Dscf0053.jpg
    23.3 KB · Views: 384
  • Dscf0054.jpg
    Dscf0054.jpg
    23.1 KB · Views: 384
  • Dscf0056.jpg
    Dscf0056.jpg
    16.9 KB · Views: 382

Rollers shouldn't have any slop in them and should move freely when installed.

Look for flat spots on the rollers. If you see any, they need changed. Also with the roller out of the clutch, insert the pin through the roller bushing and see if there is any slop in the bushing. There should be none, but the roller should spin freely. If the bushings are loose on the pins, the bushings need changed.

You know it is amazing that I have exactly the same issues you have except the broken spring. My rollers look the same and the weights have a bit of wear where the rollers hit in the mid section area of the "Ramp" area of the weight. Are those the 15.6mm x 8mm rollers or are they 9mm ones? Might make it easier before I drop the coin on the wrong part.

Red, I thought those are 14.5 mm rollers...they will look shiney if used as long as they did not wear a falt spot , they are good.

sled the rollers our oem,this is the first time this clutch has been pulled apart.i dont see any flat spots but there is a little plat between the roller bushing and the metal collar it rides on.

Cool but what's the Inside Diameter? Or is it easy to tell once it is removed? I'd rather not guess. I'm thinking about ordering weights, rivits and rollers to replace all the worn parts. The rollers are the only questionable part on the list. I know what weights I'll need and the 8cr weights are a no brainer.

mine are 14.5mm rollers,the xtc takes 15.6mm roller i beleive but look on the ty main site under tech look foe stock spec page and everything should be listed there. i would pull the rollers and look at them.i dont have the specs for the inside diameter for the twin cyclinder models

i would call north county yamaha also for more info mr sled told me to call them and ask for larry he knows alot about yammie clutches.

The ids are the same. You can intercahnge the 15.6 and 14.5 rollers. The larger rollers make the weights act lighter.

ok then according to my manual the wear limits are as follows for primary clutch
slider halves max.clearance=0.3mm[0.012in.]
finger weight bushing inside dia.wear limit=8.3mm[0.327in.]
roller bushing inside dia.wear limit= 9.3mm[0.366in.]

i would change rollers anyway i do this to mine every year there was one year i did not change roolers and the clutch flew apart the spider gear broke and screwed up my heel clickers.for the sake of a few bucks i would put new ones in that would be me but u decide.

Ya. Sometime this week I plan on ordering a few parts for it. A new set of 8cr weights and a new set of rollers. The 15.6mm rollers are $55 for a 3 pack and the weights are $24 each plus a few bucks for the rivits and a new red secondary spring. Guess a little up front is better than problems down the trail.

I am looking at a kit that includes most of what I need but it also includes a helix that I don't know anything about.

I wonder if 15mm rollers would be enough to get the rpm down with the stock setup? Guess I'll have more questions to ask the expert.

well dont ask me i get flamed every time about being a clutch wiz which i am not but it si simple for you if you are going all stock parts

Back