Things I don't understand..

norwegian

1) How does the "clutch dummy tool" work? I've seen a picture of it and it is hanging on to a primary and compressing it, while the primary is still on sled. How? does it grab the clutch bolt or what?? How do you get it on?

2) Piston rings:
How do you install these without breaking them. Now if I understand correctly, the rings are going to some groove or grooves on the piston itself. The problem is that the ring has to have a smaller diameter than the piston, thus making it impossible to thread over without bending or breaking the ring. What's the secret here?

that will be all for now... thanks

?#2

Check your rings and make sure you dont have them upside down. I just got a set off rings with no marking to tell the top (T) is the top on these ones the rings had a beval on one side of the ring with the beval to the top the piston will not fit in the jug. the beval goes to the bottom on a sx 700 anyway.This may help you ;)!

The dummy tool I think you are refering to effectly compresses the primary so you can remove parts, rollers and weights. Kind of like a lever with a fork shaped hook on the end.

The rings go on like any other type of ring. You have to carefully bend it a bit to get it over the grooves in the pistons. Then line up the gaps with the locating pin. As long as you are careful with them there is no damage. I start them in one edge and then work my way aroind the piston. They are just smaller versions of automotive rings. They are a lot harder to install in the cylinders though.

Thanks for the replies guys :)

now I have another question, what the ******** is a "pin dowel" ??

usually a dowel pin is for locating mating peices together in alignment/ automotive and hd truck use them on casing halves for trannys so that shafts and bearings run straight in the bores.

Back