trying to fix a polaris help?

marty f

trying to fix my friends 2000 xc600sp,the problem is i cleaned the carbs so thats goos when i start it it runs fine till it warms up then it bogs down and overheats,any ideas?

I have a 00 xcsp6000 VES. I don't think the carbs being too clean is the issue.

On this sled, if it gets hot, it will reduce power and bog like hell until it gets cooled down by the heat exchangers. In marginal snow conditions, I need to run in the fresh stuff once in a while or this happens to me, and everyone else with this sled. it should however not die, just run with a lot less power until it cools down.

This sled does have a TPS sensor, is that adjusted properly? If you removed it from the rack when cleaning the carbs, I bet it is out of adjustment, but that still may not be the issue. How long idling does it take to have it bog and die?

Also, how old is the fuel? is it on the regular gas ignition or premium 91 only? I would at least only try to run it on regular ignition setting until the gas is known to be fresh.

marty f said:
the guy at the dealer told me it was the coolant bottle losing pressure

So it was losing coolant? If so that makes sense. I guess it would get too warm, and shut off.

If that was it, it would be an easy fix:)

Mine has been 100% reliable (hate to say it here but it's more reliable than my yamaha), and I have yet to hear of coolant bottles failing.

Back