New TY Sponsor, SledToyz.com

crewchief47

Lifetime Member
Website
sledtoyz.com
Some of you may have noticed that I've not been around much the last 3-4 weeks. That's because I've decided to take the plunge into eCommerce. Going to start out small and plan on growing at a responsible pace. The new site is www.sledtoyz.com (advertising should be set up by next week) and will be going live very soon with the YamaHeater product (not overly important to you 2-stroke guys). You can check it out if you want, we're Canadian for those of you wondering. We are having issues getting emails to sympatico.ca addresses so if you decide to sign up, you should try a different email. (the email is bouncing and it's not due to block sender, my personal account is a Sympatico one)

Best of Luck - Ian

Yah, you needed more to do . . . :)

Let me know if you need a test pilot (nicer word than dummy) for anything !!! :eek:

Hope to be at Feb Muni ride.

Boost 4 vids are in stock! I also adjusted the YamaHeater pricing to better reflect the current Canadian $.

I'm also currently working on getting multi-grip rivets(about 4 weeks out) and selling them in 100 count bags for around $18-20(these are the same as the rivets Yamaha uses in the tunnel/heat exchangers). Yamaha Canada's price is $2.00 EACH rivet, US is $0.50 each at Port. Will be offering powder coated versions as well but would like some input as to what colors guys may be interested in besides the obvious black( the standard finish is zinc plated steel ). The PC will add $2-5 per bag.

Last edited:
Congrats on the new Hobby!?!?!

Anyone that has met, or has had deallings with Crewcheif, knows he's a good, honest guy! If I had any $$ , I wouldnt hesitate to do business with him! ;)! lol

Good luck

Last edited:
OK, as a market research kind of thing, what would my fellow Canadians like to have better access to, product wise? Slydog stuff, risers, clutch rivets maybe.....Give me some product ideas I don't already have written down.

Obviously this is more a wish list than anything else...

I have some HID headlight Kits coming in from SledStart that should work for you guys with dual headlights (plug and play). Will have a look at the kits and let you know for sure. Not certain if two single headlight guys could split this kit up between the two of them. Another option may be to put the dual headlights stuff on your single sled and use the HID instead since they draw less wattage than the OEM bulbs......HID draws 35 watts per bulb. So 2 would draw 15 watts over the single low beam.....Just some food for thought....

crewchief47 said:
I have some HID headlight Kits coming in from SledStart that should work for you guys with dual headlights (plug and play). Will have a look at the kits and let you know for sure. Not certain if two single headlight guys could split this kit up between the two of them. Another option may be to put the dual headlights stuff on your single sled and use the HID instead since they draw less wattage than the OEM bulbs......HID draws 35 watts per bulb. So 2 would draw 15 watts over the single low beam.....Just some food for thought....

Some news on the HID headlights for you smokers. SledStart is preforming R&D on a kit specific to the non battery sleds. They are also now looking into single bulb kits for those guys. The current dual bulb kit won't do two single bulb sleds but it will give you a spare bulb and ballast for whatever reason you'd want them.

It was suggested that a battery based sled could 'likely' use the existing kit but zero testing has been done so there'd be no warranty at this point.

SledStart is planning some testing on an 01 SRX in the next week or two, will try and keep you posted.

I have 3 HID H4 plug style(Yamaha) kits in stock and one long harness for hinged hood 4 strokes if any of you guys have 4 strokes in the garage or buddies/family with one.

Here's a copy and paste from the 4 stroke forum about the HID's (if you end up ordering car stuff from him, at least let him know I sent you):

snowdog said:
ATTENTION TY'ERS 03/04/10 PLEASE READ ON CAR KITS, 2 STROKE KITS AND FUTURE SLED KIT PRICING

(sorry about the caps. did not know I still had them on and I did not want to type all this over...lol)

HI ALL...
PLACING A CAR ORDER IN THE NEXT FEW DAYS. WE WILL STOCK THE MORE COMMON KITS.
I HAVE A NUMBER OF REQUESTS FOR CAR KITS FROM GUYS WHO HAVE RUN THE HID'S ON THE SLEDS. IF YOU WANT A CAR KIT FOR THE SAME PRICE AS THE SLED KITS (EXCEPT A FEW SPECIAL KITS THAT MAY BE $20.00 MORE) THEN E MAIL ME AT CONTACT_US@SLEDSTART.COM WITH YEAR MAKE AND MODEL OF YOUR CAR/TRUCK AND YOUR PAYPAL E MAIL AND I WILL SEND YOU A PAYPAL INVOICE. iF YOU WANT TO ORDER BY PHONE YOU CAN AS WELL AT 630-792-8910. wE TAKE VISA, M/C AND DISCOVER AT THE SHOP. IF WERE NOT THERE LEAVE A MESSAGE AND WE WILL CALL YOU BACK WITHING 24 HOURS.

CAR KITS SHOULD REMAIN THE SAME PRICE FOR A WHILE BUT THE SLED KITS WILL NOT STAY AT THIS PRICE NEXT SEASON AS THEY WILL BE GOING IN THE YAMAHA US AND CANADA CATALOGS. WE ARE GOING TO DO SOME NICE CUSTOM PACKAGING ETC...AND SO THIS PRICE (LIKE THE SLEDSTARTS WERE FOR A FEW MONTHS WHEN THEY WERE INTRODUCED) WILL BE INTRODUCTORY SO GET THEM NOW SO YOU HAVE THEM FOR NEXT SEASON! YOU WILL SAVE AT LEAST $60.00 RIGHT NOW.

REMEMBER...IF THESE ARE PASSING YAMAHA'S STRICT TESTING AND MAKING IN INTO THE CATALOG THEN YOU KNOW THESE ARE NOT A CHEAP $80.00 EBAY KIT. COMPARABLE KITS WILL BE $300-$400 FOR A GOOD QUALITY KIT. THESE WILL STILL BE PRICED WELL BELOW THOSE EVEN IN THE CATALOG!

FINALLY, ROCK AND I WILL BE TESTING A MODULE THAT WILL ALLOW THESE ON 2 STROKES AS WELL. THIS SHOULD HAPPEN IN THE NEXT WEEK AND BE TESTED IN MUNI AT THE DEMO RIDES NEXT WEEKEND ON MY SRX. SO YES IF YOU ARE RUNNING A 2 STROKE FOR A SPARE OR WHATEVER, THEN YOU CAN LIGHT UP THE TRAIL AS WELL!!!

MORE TO COME...AND THANKS FOR ALL THE COMMENTS GUYS!

ANY QUESTIONS IT IS FASTER TO GET ME AT CONTACT_US@SLEDSTART.COM AS MY PM BOX CAN ONLY HOLD SO MUCH...

THANKS!!!!

KURT

Last edited:
Ian,

Thanks for posting this up over here. I have been wanting to shoot over here but I figured I would once I have the kit to offer.

As mentioned we plan on having a duel bulb and a single bulb kit for the 2 strokes. I will keep this thread or Ian posted!

Happy Trails!!!

Kurt

Yeah it's actually coming together. As soon as they are available it will be on the site. Just have to make sure they work the way they should!!!

Kurt

any luck with the kit you were testing on the srx, I currently have an srx that I would like to install hids into

Back