Carburators?

watersuper

VIP Member
I need the proceedure to most easily change out the main jets on a 700 motor. TY pages suggest 142.5 mains on all 3 carbs. Shouldn't #1 be a little richer?
Trying to get it right the first time!

Sorry Sled! That seems like an important piece of info. 2000 700 VMax. The rack is out and I'm doing the reed notch. Never opened a carb up before but thought I would give it a try. While I'm in there I want to clean and make any nessassary adjustments. The sled has 144 picks, Simmons skis; The motor has 2-layer head gasket mod; Silencer bored by Max Perf. and soon the reed stoppers notched. I ride Maine & NH and want to set the carbs up right. Clutch is stock except for 51/43 helix and heavier rivets in the primary weights (8CH). Any recomeendations, I would hate to burn the motor !!

I know that is the stock main jets. I didn't know if you could jet down safely with the mods on this motor. Reed stopper notch is done and carbs are clean. Took me a bit to figure out thepropper way to adjust floats. I think I figured it out?!

Would you then recommend keeping all the carb components and adjustments to spec? Carbs are out and don't want to pull the carbs again later to fix my mistakes.

Back