Cyberdyne water temp gauge

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
Has anyone here had any experience with this brand of gauge?A bud of mine put one on his Rev and it looks like a pretty neat gauge;he ordered it from Jegs and it come with the probe so it makes it a better deal not having to buy it separately.

I've got one on my rev, can't complain about it, its just going on its second season. Some people have had problems with water getting in, and messing them up, but supposedly Cyberdyne takes care of that. I wouldn't hesitate to put one in my sled again, they look cool, fairly cheap, easy to install(on my doo anyway) It would probably be a little harder to rig up on a Yammi, so that you could open the hood and such, unless you didn't put it in the hood?

I have a cyberdyne gauge on my MM. Works good.

Pros:
+Bright (almost too bright)
+Big numbers in display
+Programmeable warning
+Avaiable in color combinations that make it almost look like stock. Mine has black bezel and blue numbers in display.

Cons:
-Installation, the "programming" for high temp is in the back, so you have to take off the whole dash to access it.
-The memory (mine has it, not all of them have it) only remembers the high temp while the sled is running, it deletes the memory when you shut off the sled.

I'll give it 4 out of 6.

Sorry I don't know much about that, electricity isn't my strong side. But here's what I know:
-You need a splice adapter, make it kind of oversize (I used a 26mm car water splice adapter) so the temp probe won't partially block the flow.
-The gauge draws power from the light assembly
-You need to ground it to the frame.
-You ought to completly remove the dash to install the gauge (much easier).
-Half of the job is finding all the parts.

Last edited:
I am guessing you are not even near your sled,was wandering if you could get a pic of the adapter installed so I would know what area exactly all this is?

guess you are not riding much anymore by the sounds of it..well thanks anyways and have a great day...I am going for a ride now..talk another time.

Back