Helmets, (I know, I know it old)

TrueBlue

VIP Lifetime Member
Need a new helmet. I know that Skidoo BV2 is the best & most expense. In everybody's opinion what would be the next best helmet. Looking for a modular that would not fog or freeze up with the option of buying a heated shield but rather not do this. Would like the color to be black.

i jus picked up a ski-doo mod 2 helmet from honda east ebay store for $244, i felt that was a decent price, with free shipping

When to the gmax 44s modular and love it so far. I got mine with electric shield for $139 shipped from jazzmotorsports.com . It was a black friday sale but last time i was there it was still same price. Can get them around 160 -180 normally. Seen them on ebay also for 150 with electric shield shipped. Worth a look.

super1c said:
When to the gmax 44s modular and love it so far. I got mine with electric shield for $139 shipped from jazzmotorsports.com . It was a black friday sale but last time i was there it was still same price. Can get them around 160 -180 normally. Seen them on ebay also for 150 with electric shield shipped. Worth a look.

x2! I ordered 2 of these from my dealer and they were out of stock on ones with the electric shield so, they sent me both helmets with the dual lens and the elecric sheilds for the same price $150.00 Love them so far but, this is my first modular and have nothing to comare too.

Vmax540 said:
x2! I ordered 2 of these from my dealer who deals with (WPS) and they were out of stock on ones with the electric shield so, they sent me both helmets with the dual lens and the elecric sheilds for the same price $150.00 Love them so far but, this is my first modular and have nothing to comare too.

my dealer deals with (WPS)

I had a ski-doo modular used it for a few season sold it and got the BV2. They are the best and most expensive but worth every penny. The mod's seem to push on your chin and make your jaw sore plus the straps for the mouth piece break alot and you need take the mouth piece off every time you want to talk and they are hard to snap back on (ie gloves). The BV2 allows you to adjust the mouth piece in and out for comfort don't really notice it, to talk lift your sheild push the 2 buttons and flip the mouth piece down when your done push it up and snap very simple (gloves on). The design is nice because when you take a breath its from the air from inside the helmet (the valves above your nose) and exhale out the front thus circulating the air and any moisture inside the helmet. Riding at night every one else has their sheild cracked open and fogged up, I can drift bust and the BV2 stays clear even if by chance it may fog a little, 5 minutes after normal riding it's completly clear again. You can find them on ebay from $340-370 and go to a local ski-doo dealer try one for the right size and if you wear anything under you helmet make sure to take it with you.

Acera said:
I had a ski-doo modular used it for a few season sold it and got the BV2. They are the best and most expensive but worth every penny. The mod's seem to push on your chin and make your jaw sore plus the straps for the mouth piece break alot and you need take the mouth piece off every time you want to talk and they are hard to snap back on (ie gloves). The BV2 allows you to adjust the mouth piece in and out for comfort don't really notice it, to talk lift your sheild push the 2 buttons and flip the mouth piece down when your done push it up and snap very simple (gloves on). The design is nice because when you take a breath its from the air from inside the helmet (the valves above your nose) and exhale out the front thus circulating the air and any moisture inside the helmet. Riding at night every one else has their sheild cracked open and fogged up, I can drift bust and the BV2 stays clear even if by chance it may fog a little, 5 minutes after normal riding it's completly clear again. You can find them on ebay from $340-370 and go to a local ski-doo dealer try one for the right size and if you wear anything under you helmet make sure to take it with you.
I got a big head and my gen 1 is to tight in the jaw and cuts off my air so I cant use it. Does the BV2 have more room in the front jaw area?

Them doo helmets can freeze up also.Talked to my dealer and said I guy came in that had one and said he hated it.With the moisture from his breath,the front part froze up and was useless.He said after it warmed up inside,he tipped the helmet and water came pouring out.There is no perfect helmet for cold weather,they all will fog up sometime.Mine being a gmax double shield electric is great.It's keeping my eyeglasses from fogging is the real issue.I wear a real good breath mask that wraps around your head and tight where the nose meets.Today my glasses were doing pretty good.But the ice build up is there from your breath exhaling out of the helmet.

I thought I was subborn and one of the last people to actually do this......but I finally got tired of my HJC fogging up even with the electric shield. I tried a modular I and a Modular II and neither of them fit me comfortably. In order for me to even use either of them, I had to purchase an XL helmet and then also purchase XXL cheek pads just to keep it from smushing my cheeks.......I had seen many guys out on the trails wearing motocross helmets and always thought to myself...."there is NO way they cant be freezing their faces off!!!".......well.....I finally broke down and bought one.....and guess what? I love it!!!! For the first time in 20 years of riding, I have no issues with fogging......I bought a THH TX-12 motocross helmet for $59 (is the exact same helmet as the 509 Evolution that sells for $179). I put a HJC breathbox in it (fits perfect)....I'm using Thor Ally Goggles with a quick strap. Even today when we started out riding it was -13 degrees...I was wearing a moderately thin balaclava and was not cold at all.....and no fogging whatsoever......I'm sold on this set up.....will never go back to conventional helmet. Just have to be careful not to lift your head up too far when you're blasting across the lake.....the visor catches alot of wind and if you poke your head up to high, it will just about pull you off the sled...lol

Back