ski-doo skis on a yami?

dnale

VIP Member
Yes, that is right..... Is it possible to put ski-doo plastic skis on a yamaha? I saw an ad for some new poo skis that are pretty cheap. Since I'm putting them on a tss style sled (96 xt) they already have the cut out in the mount where the poo style goofy looking curved peice goes in.

What should I be concerned with? Width of mount? Is that about it? What's the width of a standard ski mount for a yami? I know the tss is a little narrower than the new ones. Ok that's easy to fix with some washers. And since the tss is a little deeper than the trailing arm/a-arm I'd have the cut-out which is already done for me....

I'd even deal with the yellow handles.

the new dual runner doo skis bolt right up with alittle spacing help to the newer proaction front ends. i have install them on sxR's, srx's and now the vipers. not sure on the older tss suspensions and no help at all on the poo skis fitting. start fabbing, that's how we all doo it. :) ski

I think I'll get them if the guy emails me back. They aren't the dual runner ones, but thats ok by me.

I almost can't pass up the deal for the new ones at the price he wants.

They Fit!

:rockon:

I got the skis and they went right on. There was some cutting of the spacers but that was it. If I had more time/tools I could have made it look just like stock. The thing seems to corner better too (in the 70 miles we ran.)

The skis we brand new with the stickers still on them. The guy has another set if anyone is interested.

I paid $150 for them shipped. Brand new with 4" carbides and handles/hoops. The skis are black and the hoops are yellow. The guy has another set but will probably ask for something more than $150. I can get you his email.

I did have darting problems before. I used some bergstrom skegs and shim and ski savers on the stock skis. It helped alot. Granted I only put about 70 miles on the new skis (still shimmed though with stock carbides) and I rarely noticed a dart. They tracked really well and were not twitchy or anything. I am going to order bergstrom skegs and savers as some additional help and cheap insurance.

They are way lighter than stock skis. I'd say that the two plastic skis together weight what one stock ski did. The down side is that the skis do flex when you try to pick up the front to slide it around so it takes a different approach to moving the sled. For me I'll learn.

Hope this helps. I am pretty happy and I might even keep the yellow hoops!

The ski is supposed to flex, they say it's like adding 2' to u'r suppension, because of the energy that it absorbs when it flexes.

I know they are supposed to flex, hence one of the reasons to get them. I just didn't think about it at the time that they'd also flex when I try to load it into the bed of a pickup....

Ike,

Yeah I piped it last week. It's real strong from 6000 rpm's and up. I need to check my clutching again. I'm engaging where I should (around 3800) but it's a little sluggish in the 4500-5800 range. Once I hit 6000, bam, it's gone. I only got to put about 70 miles on them but sound is good. Can't really tell I'm piped by sound with only a little crackle at idle. Most of the guys I rode with didn't notice it.

Doug

Back