Fit and finish of other brands.

fourbarrel

VIP Lifetime Member
I've been dwelling on this topic for some time now and wasn't sure if it would come across as a total bash of the other brands or not but here goes.I was out on a run with a bud who owns a new Polaris Switchback and while it is a nice looking sled the fitment of the side panels left a lot to be desired.The gaps weren't even and they just didn't look right.Now in all fairness mabey he had the panels off for some reason and never got them back on properly I don't know but that was the thing I noticed about the sled right off the bat.
I have another bud with an 01 MXZX 800 and every time he goes to close the hood after having it open he has to mess with the front and sides to make sure they go back into the channel right.Now I know for a fact the hood has been taken off it before as I helped do it but I too have had the hood off my SRX many times and never have I had to screw with it to get it to fit right when closing it.
I'm not insinuating that Yamaha is perfect in their fit and finish but I have yet to see new sleds,or even older ones for that matter,with the gaps and whatnot other brands seem to suffer.
And notice I didn't even mention Cat here as they are not even worth it although they are without a doubt better than they used to be.

I have never had any issues with fit and finish on polaris sleds except if they have been in a collision with, usually a tree. Same with Skidoos, IME.

While Cat is better that they used to be, they still have a long way to go compared to all the other brands.

I have seen several doo's loose the side panels while driving down the trail. They must just pop on and off. not sure. I have looked at many polaris and they seem really close to perfection like yamaha. The cat's I work on are really cheap and weak Now these are 10 year old sleds, but they really don't stand up to a Yamaha or Polaris. Al

Back