Water temprature gauge

norwegian

If you install a water temprature gauge, you'll use the stock location for the probe right? But you can't have 2 probes in one. If you pull the stock one out the self diagnosis system on the sled (2001 mm) will start blinking.. How do you solve this?

On my sx, I drilled and tapped the bleed screw on top of the T-stat housing and put my probe there. The height of my probe did require a slight mod to the fresh air intake under the headlight.

Thanks, but I found that slp has a adapter thingie.. Another question:
how hot should the water run: whats the range? from 100 F to 200 F? What's the optimum temprature that you should have on the water?

water temp

Mine runs between 180-200 most of the time. It will get up to 220 when the snow is not kicking up on the heat exchangers and I get pretty nervious! There's no thermostat on the sx so it takes a while to come up to temp and it moves around a little based on the snow and how you are ridding it.

Mine is marginal on the cooling capacity. I have srx side heat exchangers and a 700sx rear. But the expert throws too much snow out the back and not enough rides around to the front heat exchanger..

Back