2011 Doo

well they are certainly advancing their sleds.I love the idea to,like fogging the engine by itself.Yamaha's are still heavy eh compared to all of the sled makers. Doo has some outstanding gas mileages to.Maybe I will look at them one day.They are way cheaper to buy here also then the Yamaha's.

I've had 3 friends stranded by newer (04+) Doo's... I like the chassis, but still dont trust the engines to be as dependable like my Yamaha's... if i'm going to drop the coin I want something that is going to last 7000-9000 miles before I start really worrying about a total rebuild, not 3000-4000, those days are long gone... I always think of the Johnny Skeptical movies "Dont ya think ya should get a 4-stroke?"

60HP may be a little light but what does it weigh? Plenty of folks out there with 60-80hp sleds like my wife and 65 yold dad that don't want to go real fast and would like a 4stroke but don't want/need something the size of a Vector and want something less dirt bike feeling than the Phazer. If they can keep the price in the phazer range or less they might sell a pile of those.

older ski doos are awesome(and dont worry im a yamaha/honda fan to the core)but the newer ones are garbage my buddys uncle has a newer 1000cc twin that popped twice already(did i mention its a twin)lets just say the sled sits on a trailer while he rides around an older formula 3( i believe the newer sled is a mach z but im not sure becuz i havent seen it all season becuz it popped)

800 etec is very impressive sled. we got to ride them 3 weeks ago. a 800 that gets 20mpg and the fogging system. I don't worry about the etec engine since it has been used in boats for some time now. I really believe if you take care of your stuff it doesn't matter who makes it. I know a guy with a 2007 doo with over 22,000 miles on it. I almost crapped myself when he told me. I bought a snow blower from him and asked he show me the proof. Sure enough he did. I'll be riding the new apex next month in old forge but will not pay 15 large for a sled no matter who makes it. ;)!

yeah why spend 15k on that garbage when i could just 830 my srx and destroy that ski doo on the trails!

Back