Air screw adjustment

vroom

Anyone have a clue on how you can adjust the carb air screw on a 96 Vmax 600 xt on the bottom of the carb? I can barely feel it, but see no way to get a screw driver on it to adjust.

That does make any sense, but I agree with you, that it can't be done with the carbs on the engine. Everything I have read about carb adjusting talks about adjusting the airscrews to get top rpm at idle speed and obviously you have to run the engine to do that. I think the Mikuni carbs on my Vmax are poorly designed with the location of the screws as well as removal of the needle in the flat slides to make adjustments. You certainly could never do it with the carbs installed. Every 2 cycle engine I own has easy access to the airscrews for tuning.

It's probably a fuel screw and NOT an Air screw. If it's on the airbox side of the carb it's an air screw or if it's on the motor side of the carb it's a fuel screw.

Making it run leaner or richer is completely the opposite process depending which it is.

Most Yammies have fuel screws.

Thought this might be useful info for you because taking them out and putting them in is a lot of work if you turn the screws the wrong way!!! :>)

Len

At one time you could purchase "Remote Fuel Screw Adjusters" from Bender, Northern Lites ect but I don't know if they are available anymore. If you can still find them, they work very well...I have them on every Yamaha SX, VMAX4, + SRX we have.

Back