Max RPM on a 2000 SXr?

Mountain SXr

Hello,

I'm just about to go for my first ride of the year. I just installed tripple AAEN's and was wondering about clutching. I don't plan to clutch according to instructions, because I'll be poweder riding and don't want to engage at a high rpm. Can I leave it stock or should I change it?

How about the "redline" Where is it on a 700 yami? What should my peak rpm be?

Thanks,

-Jon

The aaen pipes should run at 8900 rpm on your sled.

Yea they are real happy around 8900-9000. I had two sets of those, they are pretty decent pipes

do you have any other mods on the machine. Did you re-jet for those pipes.
if there are other mods you may be over-reving.

Pipes

I rejeted one size bigger. Otherwise motor is stock. Mind you, it's an SXr 700 with a 141 extension with 2" lugs. I didn't change the gearing, hasn't been a problem yet.

I engage around 4000 rpm, which suits me fine.

I was mostly curious as to how high the motor could rev without there being a problem.

-Jon

that engine will rev all day at 9000 without a problem, very well built. Go try revving like that all day with a cat, just make sure you bring a net to catch your pistons before they land

My wifes V-max 600 tripple has 2500 miles on it and it revs 9100 rpm @ WOT (which I'm soon fixing) the previous owner didn't know much about sleds and just rode it hard like that.

Mountain, I also have a 2" paddle and pipe and never once changed clutching and have riding it for 3 years now that way. I rev around 9000 when crossing water, but usually dont tach out in most snow conditions! Just my opinion. Brent :rockon:

Im with yamahalic, we carry cattybags..instead of doggybags when we ride!

Back