Rivet Install on Secondary

watersuper

VIP Member
OK; got the rivets out. Now I need suggestions on how to peen the rivets over?
How much do they need to be peened over?
The tech section just states until tight but there is alot of rivet sticking out one side. HELP

Where on the secondary are the rivits?

If you mean the ones on the weights. Peened over basically is "Smushed" if you have the 4.5gram rivits they are a bit long and will mushroom larger. There are 2 sides and the heads lead the spin just like the bolts.

Peen them just until their tight, or smash them until they match the head size? I'm alittle hesitant on what to do. (Espesially with a hammer, I usually break things!)

you have to push the new rivets thru the weights and put that side against a flat area hold it really tight or best to use a tuning weight block and peen the rivet over.....if you look at the weights before you removed the rivets you would see

Here is a picture of my 8CR's that were stock and loaded with the 2.7g steel in the inner hole and the 3.5g outer. Hope it helps.

8cr.jpg

Don't make to much out of it, you just need to hit it with a good hammer to make sure it isn't loose. One trick I have found on the steel rivits is to use a pointed punch in the middle to start the process. It will get the sides of the rivet going and then follow up with a hammer or a punch and hammer. Just make sure they are not loose when installed. Hey, it was the same worry I had when I did my first clutch so your not alone.

Da fin ;):D

Back