Who makes this windshield?

ajviper

Who makes this windshield? It doesn't appear to be the Cobra or Sno-Stuff style. Any ideas?

TIA

Last edited:

If it is a Yamaha you can order it at a dealer. I thought it was 1 of these windys in blue but then I pulled up the picture and they dont have the same shape. It does have the shape of a cobra windshield and it has the strobes 2.

Attachments

• 8cv7721010xx-500.jpg
    8cv7721010xx-500.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 11
Last edited:
No, I don't believe it's any of the ones listed in the pic and I know it's not a Cobra. I've searched everywhere and have not yet found this style. I like it better than the stock, Cobra, or Sno-stuff styles.

Last edited:
Here's a pic of the current Cobra by Sport Tech to compare the differences. I currently have the Cobra flared, but I really like the other one(?)... IMO it flows better with the SXR hood. It's not as steep and it it has a little more flare to it.

It's hard for me to tell if it matches the smoked one listed on ebay for $54. Either way I don't think they make this style, at least not in Blue, do they? :confused:

Last edited:
I also think it is a early Cobra I ordered one for my 97 700 SX and it was flater than the newer versions IMO

That makes sense... I'm not sure how you would paint a sheild that is smoke blue, wouldn't you need to paint the outside for it to look good. I don't think it would hold up to scratches on the outside. The smoke one on ebay looks pretty lame with the smoke and block print along the edges.

Thanks for the help ;)!

Last edited:

Back