Snow Oval race ERX park - Elk River MN 3/11/10

montynormand

Snow Oval race ERX park - Elk River MN 3/11/10 ITS ON!!

Some of you may know that ERX - Elk River Extreme motorcross park located in Elk River Minnesota has two VINTAGE classes in their snow cross lineup. Last year I raced in '95 and older class with a POGO '82 yamaha. Leaf spring entries have been numbering between 8-14 sleds all season long.

For the last races of the season, they are leveling the ENTIRE snow cross track and turning it into a high banked OVAL track. Their thought is to entice enough of us vintage guys to see if there is enough interest in doing this on a regular basis.

There is a link to the Website: ERX website

Yes, I still work for Sportech - one of the owners or ERX, but I have had zero involvement with the track this season. Last season I handled all the safety and Tech inspections. Please look at their web site for all the information needed.

Vintage classes: Any production leaf spring snowmobile qualifies for the leaf spring class. The Vintage 1995 is open to any production snowmobile produced in or before 1995.
- classes are not broken down my engine size, this is a RUN WHAT YOU BRUNG kind thing -

I have gotten so much Flack for not racing out there this year that I told my boss, that I will bring my ol non studded '92 vmax4 out for this event. JOIN ME !!

Monty

Last edited:

The RACE IS ON!

They built the track last night and there is about 5 feet of snow still out there. Track is 'D' shaped, and I am guessing the straights are 300ft long

Leave work early as the green flag drops at 5pm.

If possible, please fill out the on-line form and fax it in before Thursday

Come out and join us

I've dug out my old rickety beat to snot '94 vmax4 !!!!! Hope it stays together

Back