Training your body to ride better

FrozenRope

everyone knows the importance of a well tuned reliable sled

I've been a sled-head since i was a little kid, I've worked with high level athletes since 1997, long story short I know that all mechanical aspects similar, the better athlete will always outride the snot of his less athletic counterparts

sore back?, fatigue?, bumps get to you? want to attack corners harder?

a sled can only do so much

any questions? fire away (I am stepping out for 30 minutes or so, I will answer questions to the best of my ability(If thre are any) when i get back

I find poeple who don't ride much have fatigue in the arms & definately a sore thumb/hand. Make the sled fit you & you will have much less problems. ie.- bar riser, seat riser, adjust the throttle & brake levers so they are more comfy, make sure the skis are not darting.

I will admit last yr when I was going to the gym before and during the season I could ride without fatigue and soreness the next day. This yr no gym time and I can tell I'm outta shape. Being in shape helps a lot. ;)!

About the first week of riding really gets me, after that it's nothing, but I also ride at least twice a week from 10-50 miles.

one of my clients, just under 50, really hit his training hard since last winter

I could tell a big difference in the way he could pound the nasties last weekend, 100 mph over wicked moguls for a pretty big stretch! ( Trail 3 30 miles south of Houghton I was rockin 'em 90plus, didn't think anyone was near me & he took me when I opened & shut my right hand to relieve the pump, I chased him wot & couldn't get 'em back)

we've worked real hard on strengthening the muscles that support his spine, he has actually gained 10-12 pounds but his hard riding endurance is way up! -

Well i'll tell ya since i lost allot of weight (68lbs) and got in better shape i can ride man from what i was 1 year ago and a fat a ss.

less fatigue no back pain good to go brother!!! ;)!

Being in shape would definitely help. I rode so much in the past thirty years I wore my thumb down to a knub.

Attachments

• Picture 292.jpg
    Picture 292.jpg
    45.9 KB · Views: 3
  • Picture 293.jpg
    Picture 293.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
I flipped my throttle lever over to the front side & use my fingers to pull it. been like that for 2 years now & I like it much better than using my thumb.

Baron,, that was one tight a$$ ,,,,,,, blame it on the throttle....shame on U

LOL. Farm accident when I was 5. Tore off, re-attached. 3 month at childrens hospital in milwaukee and nine surgerys. I Grandpa says don't touch that piece of machinery then don't! I work in a machine shop and like giving the new kids crap to be careful or this could happen to you.

Back to topic. Yes a little bit of excersize can make your sledding adventures alot more fun. Not talking racing, but 2 to 3 hundred miles of moguls can really wear a guy out.

ottawaair said:
I flipped my throttle lever over to the front side & use my fingers to pull it. been like that for 2 years now & I like it much better than using my thumb.

Hmmm, probably makes it harder for your buddies to sneak by you and hit the kill switch too. :>)

stretchSXV said:
what would you do for bad knees? ;)! They are fine on my rev but take a pounding on the viper. I would buy a boss seat but it's easier to work out and cheaper, lol.

for starters u should probably do a knee warm up before riding, try 20 squats, 20 lunges & a good quadriceps stretch before gettin on the sled-

if that doesn't help PM me

Back