04 Mtn Viper Overheating

SRXPete

A friend of mine has an 04 mtn Viper. It overheats on the trails especially when it is cold outside and the trails are hard. We are not in mountain country. Anyway is there a rad kit that you can put on the viper?? (ie extra heat exchanger to put somewhere). There is good coolant flow...all that has been checked, etc.

Thanks

He needs ice scratchers. 2" track on hard trails = no snow to heat exchangers. Look at SLPs scratchers, they mount on the skiis and will spray the exchangers and provide snow to the hifax as well.

Yup, scratchers will solve your problem. I have a MM and it runs hot on the trails and melts slidders until I got scratchers. I use the rail mounted ones only because when riding fast and your skis come off the ground you can break the scratchers off by landing weird, the rail mounted ones last longer for me although I brake about one per season. Make sure to cary the right wrench to take them off, cause when they brake and a short piece of sharp metal is jabbing your track, you're gonna want to take it off. Ekholm makes good ones for about $45 US.

How does it handle onthe trails?

I just bought a 2003 mtn viper and just got some snow in Edmonton yesterday. I'm concerned with the 2" paddles will the track self destruct if we don't get lots of snow??? Are the scrachers all that's needed to prvent this or should I put the hyfax wheel kit in too???

On the trails how does it corner? I've also been looking at putting a Viper trail front end on mine and disconnecting the sway bar when I go to the mountains. (usually only 1 trip a year)

I've got an 03 Mtn Viper, they handle ok on the trails. We really don't ride too many, Simmons ski's make a world of differance.

Like they said ice scrachers are the real deal, Starting line's are the best but they dont make one for the stock Viper ski. Hartman makes a good one for the Simmons ski. There are a lot of others for the rails.

Back