SRX facelift

tippmannator

finnaly broke down and started some "facelift" stuff for my srx. going to paint the windsheild and screens in the hood yellow. took off the trailing arms, got them beed blasted and painted with zinc primar and a yellow zinc coat over that (pics soon). so far, no issues. the only question i would ask is how the hell do i get the screens out of the hood? they look like rivits. i dont want to crack the hood getting them off. any ideas?

thanks.

thanks valin that sounds alot easier. i was thinking of just buying some cheap nuts and bolts and a thing of lock tight to re- attach them. thoughts?

oh and my dad is building me a 4" riser block. any ideas weather or not i will need to extend my cables?

I just drilled the screens out and hadn o problems. then i used rivets for the some screans and some strong wire for other so i can remove them if i change the color again. worked fine for me.

I just drilled out the rivets on my screens years back,sprayed them silver and attached them back on with zip ties..worked great.Easy to take out again if need be then.

oh and my dad is building me a 4" riser block. any ideas weather or not i will need to extend my cables?

update: trailing arms are all zinc painted, windshield is prepped for paint. pics coming shortly

also i am all about cheap. so i want more traction on my running boards while paying little to nothing. ideas?

Last edited:
pics finally. couldnt get the pics to upload any larger then that. sorry so blurry.

got the windshield painted a "safety" yellow, but it doesnt show though the way i had hoped. might just paint the whole thing yellow.

Attachments

• DSCF9459.jpg
    DSCF9459.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 19
  • DSCF9466.jpg
    DSCF9466.jpg
    131 KB · Views: 41
  • DSCF9467.jpg
    DSCF9467.jpg
    133.9 KB · Views: 24
  • DSCF9468.jpg
    DSCF9468.jpg
    135.5 KB · Views: 22
  • DSCF9532.jpg
    DSCF9532.jpg
    133.4 KB · Views: 20
clean the running boards good, sand them down and spray them with undercoating, the undercoating can be painted or you can just leave them black.

so i got the trailing arms all ready to re-install and my question is this. do i re-install the skiis without grease then use the grease fitting or do i grease up the ski and then install back into the trailing arm?? or does it even matter?

so i finally got the grills out of the hood today. at first i tried grinding off the rivets as valin suggested, but the heat of the grinding caused the plastic to go to mush. needless to say i went back to drilling out the rivits after that. in my opinion neither way is a good way of doing this (drilling or grinding). it comes down to picking the lesser of two evils, and in my mind thats drilling out the rivets.

anyway i got them all out with little effort. all the grills are painted yellow and ready to go back in, but it has been raining cats and dogs here ever since i painted them so the re-install is still on hold. more to come

I drilled out my rivets, had them down in less then half hour, done with out a scratch on the plastic, and to top it off, i had it parked in the box of the truck, so i could have room in the garage. I thouht it wasnt bad drilling them out. worked good for me. Specially if you take your time. Update us with the pictures, seems to be looking good !

so i just purchased some hauck growlers for the ol girl. i know i know you lose a little power with aftermarket cans, but i think the tone of the growlers is a fair trade :)

thanks man. ill get some more pics soon. right in the middle of moving right now so its been a bit crazy. but i will gets pics and updates soon.

finally had a chance to post some update photos. trailing arms, grills, windshield and hood all put back together. and a few pics of my custom made 4" risor block (thanks Dad).

Attachments

• DSCF0134.jpg
    DSCF0134.jpg
    187 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0132.jpg
    DSCF0132.jpg
    168.7 KB · Views: 6
  • DSCF0130.jpg
    DSCF0130.jpg
    271 KB · Views: 16
  • DSCF0129.jpg
    DSCF0129.jpg