2003 Blaster Work

musselman

Since it's just about summer time I thought I would share what I am up to. Last fall when I was riding my blaster I had a rear tire come off the rim, so that needed to be fixed. Also it needs to be cleaned and various bearings changed, also jetting needs to be addressed.

It currently has the following mods:
Vito's 240 bb kit, fmf fatty pipe, banshee front shocks, 400ex rear shock, 34mm PJ carb, wheel spacers and various others.
Here are some pics of it all dirty:

IMG_4548.jpg

IMG_4547.jpg

Right now I am replacing my axel carrier bearings but ran into a snag. The sprocket hub and/or the carrier bearings are stuck on the axel. They have never been off so i'm sure they are rusted a bit.

Any of you guys know any tricks to get this off? I believe it's the same carrier as the banshee.

Nice looking blaster I also did a Blaster 240 L/C build about 2 years ago. Fun little atv.s and a blast to ride. I don't want to hi jack your post but if u want pics or need any advice let me know. My bike is pushing 41+ HP

Pm's full here is the message:

Very interested in some specs and pics of your blaster. Sounds pretty cool.

Right now I'm dialing in my jetting and eventually want to get the jug ported and head redone. The performance is not amazing though, before the 240 I had a ported stock bore and it seemed more powerful than this. But I hope that the right jetting can wake this thing up for now.

if you are going to do any port or polsh work talk to kenedy powersports he did all my motor work. and it will rip your arms off. What size carb are you running? I have a 35 kein on her blaster that will get your motor a lot more air and fule. if it is ok i will post them here

sorry for the full pm box it is clean now

Jeff

I have a 34mm PJ right now, still have to dial in the jetting. I would really like to get some porting done, depending on the cost. The performance is really poor now considering it's a 240. Might be mostly incorrect jetting, I hope.

I'll post when my jets arrive and I start experimenting.

yeah some of it might be in the jetting. I know a lot of it is in the timing of the ports and the type of piston u have the vitos piston is Junk.

Yah I have heard that the stock vito's BB piston is junk, I will upgrade that in the future to a forged piston. I will run this one for now and possibly get the vito's pipe, fmf is not the best.

Well ended up bending the sprocket hub trying to remove it. It still hasn't budged, 10 tonnes of force and lots of heat, still nothing. I think I might have to buy a whole new axle assembly.

I will let you know, I have a whole assembly coming from ebay now but I have a feeling it may be and old style carrier even though they specified it was from a 2003. I'll have to wait and see.

Well the axle assy from ebay ended up being from an older blaster and the seller is not willing to do anything about it. So I need to fab up a bracket to mount my rear caliper.
Here are some pics of the carrier and banshee axle installed:

IMG_4572.jpg

IMG_4571.jpg

Here is my new IMS 4 gal tank:

IMG_4578.jpg

IMG_4573.jpg

Picked up a graydon proline exhaust the other day, it looks sweet. The only problem is that it touches the new gas tank :dunno: . I'll have to raise the tank a bit for clearance. Here are some pics and a vid:

IMG_4587.jpg

IMG_4586.jpg

Here are some updates on my project. Picked up some yfz wheels and tires and heel gaurds. Also have a cfm airbox on the way, here are some pics:

IMG_4624.jpg

IMG_4633.jpg

IMG_4634.jpg

and this is how I transport my blaster, until I get my truck.

IMG_4619.jpg

T.S.U.Filmz said:
if you are going to do any port or polsh work talk to kenedy powersports he did all my motor work. and it will rip your arms off. What size carb are you running? I have a 35 kein on her blaster that will get your motor a lot more air and fule. if it is ok i will post them here

sorry for the full pm box it is clean now

Jeff

A Blaster rip your arms off, thats some funny #$%&* right there.

Back