Fatal Crash at ESTA

MATT VERY SAD NEWS HERE. I DO KNOW I BELIEVE HE WAS KILLED DURING HIS THIRD TIME TRIAL. ALL REPORTS SAY SLED HIT GUARD RAIL AT 160 mph AND HE WAS THROW,IN DURING THE CRASH. I ALSO HAVE HEARD ALL 1/4 MILE RACING HAS BEEN SUSPENDED AT ESTA. 1/8 MILE ONLY. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Very sad

I wonder what the sled was. 160 is honkin. The Pro Sled Shootout is this weekend according to the ESTA web site. I wonder if the 1/4 mile will be open by then.

My thoughts and prayers to the family. Very sad news.

Madmatt

Last edited:
ya no one likes 2 hear that or have it happen but we do this as a sport and accidents do happen he maybe had a wheel kit come off the steering part as that would cause the sled 2 go side ways and ur toast when that happens. i have seen 1 wheel come off those asphaults sleds but if they both come off u will go in the direction they come off. right or left

very sad story for sure. I work with one of the firefighters who was on scene for the accident. He said they detuned the sled from his first runs. I guess the kid was hitting 180mph earlier in the day. Worst accident he has seen at ESTA. Lost two limbs.The only good thing is he never knew what happened. RIP.

wow,thats just terrible! Those sleds are getting super fast, most likely something will happen in the future to go 1/8 only or some kind of limiting factor like NHRA did on the funny cars.

DON, WE GOT TO MAKE THREE NINE SECOND RUNS WITH THAT 700 SX, BROUGHT THE SLED HOME AND EVERYTHING UNDERNEATH WAS BENT. JUST ALOT OF GAFT. YOUR RIGHT THOUGH, 1/8 MILE WILL BE THE STANDARD HERE SOON. 3:16 (yammie tony)

Back