1990 Chevy Silverado

eric.s.t

Hey,
im about to paint my chevy truck, its a short box regular cab all black with Sport logos on it (its the 350 version of the 454ss so same decals but with sport decal instead of 454ss on the box side)

Now my question is, do i put the modlings back on to make it look stock or moldings off? Also, should i put a roll pan or the stock bumper ? i got a 2 inch cowl hood for it with a custom valance for the bottom front bumper. so here are pictures of diffrent trucks with mopldings and some with none.

First picture is the truck with the stock decals and molding, the second is just a 454ss with no molding and a roll pan.

What do you think?

Attachments

• history2 (Medium).jpg
    history2 (Medium).jpg
    68.5 KB · Views: 3
  • 01_07_side (Medium).jpg
    01_07_side (Medium).jpg
    104.9 KB · Views: 4

Agreed. Ditch the moldings, and run a roll pan for sure. That 454SS in that picture looks good, but severely needs tinted side windows. Are you also going to lower yours? It also looks to me like that guy with the 454 is running the newer style front lights, grille, etc.

I will be lowering the back 2 inchs to even out the front to the back, with the stock rims raped with some BfG Radial R/t(the biggest that fits the rim). Also, that 454ss doesnt have newer grill, just new lights. I bought a new front valance with a billet grill that i am powder coating candy red. Also, putting some clear tinted head light with same with amber side markers. To dress up the front end.(see pictures) Does any one know anyone that has a roll pan for sale?

valin said:
Agreed. Ditch the moldings, and run a roll pan for sure. That 454SS in that picture looks good, but severely needs tinted side windows. Are you also going to lower yours? It also looks to me like that guy with the 454 is running the newer style front lights, grille, etc.

Attachments

• 3582a02_19[1] (Medium).jpg
    3582a02_19[1] (Medium).jpg
    46.2 KB · Views: 2
  • 01_07_front (Medium).jpg
    01_07_front (Medium).jpg
    94.8 KB · Views: 3
  • !BwTisSwEGk~$(KGrHqUOKj0EwQ5zLRqrBMIT0((7cw~~_12[1] (Medium).jpg
    !BwTisSwEGk~$(KGrHqUOKj0EwQ5zLRqrBMIT0((7cw~~_12[1] (Medium).jpg
    52.4 KB · Views: 2
T.S.U.Filmz said:
no moldings with a roll pan and a supercharger :)

my bro has the same truck but it is the 4X4

Your brother truck has a 454 in a 1500 series truck???? As far as I know the only 1500 series truck that offered a big block STOCK from the factory was the SS.

In 1990 to 1993. Chevrolet made a truck called the 454ss it was "the truck from hell" then in 03 till 06 they made the Silverado SS which had the 6.0L not sure what size motor that is. that truck was a 1500 series but all wheel drive

ExpertXViper said:
Your brother truck has a 454 in a 1500 series truck???? As far as I know the only 1500 series truck that offered a big block STOCK from the factory was the SS.

lol me too, its been my dream truck since im a little boy. now im 16, got the rip off version of it, i have a 454 big block i can drop in, but i dont want a clown. So ill keep the 350, buy a 454 when i get the money, might try to buy a 06 ss first though.

it may be the rip off version but that 5.7 has a lot of grunt. and it will run forever, 200,000 miles on my brothers 1991

T.S.U.Filmz said:
it may be the rip off version but that 5.7 has a lot of grunt. and it will run forever, 200,000 miles on my brothers 1991

If anyone is interested here is a link http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=88156 of my 1991 1500 Silverado. I am not trying to take over you thread at all eric.s.t. I just thought you guys might be interested at looking at an other project.

I am working on it as well. The whole truck is getting a new paint job. I am doing everything myself. I am also putting dual exhaust on her.

Last edited:
T.S.U. the truck originaly came with a 305, in 2004 my uncle dropped in a creat motor 350 and put headers on it. This truck has been with him since i was 4 and im 16 now. Been tellin him since i was 4 it was going to be mine when i grow up lol.

Prozac yeah, im paintin it myself as well, not lots of body work though. i got true dual exhaust, from headers to two cadiletics to two magnaflow(soon coming) to cat back 3 inch stainless tips. futur plans are to fully rebuild my other 350 4 bolt main and drop in a 5 or 6 speed tranny, with a turbo or supercharger. Lots of money, but well worth it .

Man you guys are talking like these early 350 and 454 are hp monsters, which really in there day they made average hp/tq but were talking 20 years ago. The last stock 454SS I saw on the chassis dyno it put down 200hp and around 300ft-lbs to the wheel. Now when you start modding these engines thats a whole new ball game. But stock for stock the LS Family of engines put the 350/454 to shame when it comes to HP/TQ and MPG. I had my Stock 08 Silverado dynoed which has the L76 6.0L 364 cu. in.(Same 6.0L thats in the Pontiac G 8) that put down close to 300hp and 310 ft-lbs to the wheel. Which with a Ext Cab 4x4 and 4.10 gear ratio I get 12-14 in the city and 17-18 on the e-way. Pretty good for a small block.......Jump to a 6.2L and the number jump even higher. Sorry Im a LS Fan!!!!!!!!

Last edited:

Back