89 Exciter Tripple Build

sxr-x

I took a 1989 Exciter that I have and put a sx engine with a slp 800 top end last fall. Was wondering if anyone one would like to see pics and some details of the sled. Ran it on the ice last year in northern mi. It was a blast to build and even funner driving it and running with quite a few of the newer sleds. Best times were 6.1s at the end of the season. Let me know if you guys are interested. Thanks

sxr-x said:
I took a 1989 Exciter that I have and put a sx engine with a slp 800 top end last fall. Was wondering if anyone one would like to see pics and some details of the sled. Ran it on the ice last year in northern mi. It was a blast to build and even funner driving it and running with quite a few of the newer sleds. Best times were 6.1s at the end of the season. Let me know if you guys are interested. Thanks

Of course, lets see that monster!!!!! CCC

This is a couple pics with the motor in and the drivetrain in the sled. I run a polaris primary with a bearcat secondary. The plate on the side hold my bearing holders since i relocated the jackshaft down and the driveshaft down and back. Also my driveshaft mounted caliper mounts to the plate.

100_1165.jpg

100_1166.jpg

This picture is of the motor in the chassis. Like i said earlier it is a sx engine with a slp 800 top end. The motor is trail ported straight from slp. it definatly has some room for improvement. it has a hauck boost bottle on it, v-force 3 reeds and bored stock carbs 35.5. Also a peak billet head.

100_1167.jpg

Next is a couple pics of the pipes. They are slp big bore pipes designed for the engine. Amazingly it didnt take much effort to fit to the chassis. a few cuts and little welding, and some wahl scliencers and we were good to go. it sounds good too!

100_1168.jpg

100_1169.jpg

I put a newer style chaincase in the sled for the longer center distance. i am running 10 tooth drivers with a driveshaft mounted brake caliper. also a stock polaris jackshaft.

100_1171.jpg

Last edited:
Chaincase used was out of a 2000 srx. same chaincase in all proaction sleds i think.

that exciter should be very quick as they are a lighter sled than a lot of them 2 day, u have done some very good mods , i,m impressed and buy the way u have my race # 63 thats a good luck # i,ve used that since 1986 and still. AL

Its not as light as you would think. Its 10 lbs heavier that my prostock 1000 srx. Think the whole front end is steel.

Back