It's snowing again in Utah.

ONEsnowRIDER

I love to sit in my office and watch the light flakes stick to the ground, because I know were getting hit hard in the mountains 15 min. away.

Last weekend I was up by tower mnt., in the Wasatch mountains, and got stuck for my first time this year. I figured there was about 5+ feet. Five feet makes for a great base, but you have to be extra carefull and hold off a little, it's always best not to boondock until the first of the year.

OSR 99, MM 700 (171 hp).

I love tower mountain. I go there about three or four times a month. Haven't found any place better locally yet. Going early tomorrow too.

ONEsnowRIDER 171 hp mm700???

please let all of us know, how did you manage this? 835 SRX doesnt even hit that high on a honest whoopee meter?

Where is Tower Mtn? you must have a turbo on your sled to get that kind of power. I ride mostly in the Franklin Basin, Northern UT Southern Id area.

Tower Mountain is the center of hillclimbing near Heber Utah. You can get there from Heber, Daniels Summit, Mill Hollow, and Kamas.

It's great fun!

Ryan, I was up there Saturday as well. The snow was good, still a little on the thin side but at least there's a good base already starting.

What are you riding? Can't tell by your sweet air Pict..

ya tower mountain is a great place to hill climb, just west on the strawberry side of the valley are some great boondocking areas, those pine trees make for some fun makeshift tracks. I don't quite have the balls to break the cornus on tower yet (when its fresh and deep I don't have the track to do it anyway, still ridding a 136"), but I defiantly like to launch off the top when some one else does ...coming back in is my favorite part. Next time I go up there I'll take some Picts. and post it here for all to see.

KbxSrx, I purchased my 99, MM in 01 from a guy in Colorado, he had rolled it (still in good shape, and got a great deal). It only had 500 miles on it. I've put another 7k into mods sense then. The only original part on the sled is literally the stock frame and track/rails etc. (I know its still floating on the stock 30% track angle but I love the aggressive handling of the 136" track, going to the 144" this year). This sled is can give me whiplash out of the hole, but I swear when I put on my simmons skis it was the best mod yet.

Snakeater, its just a range of deep canyons and long ridges. Tower mountain itself has one long cornus (not a huge drop) that runs about three to four hundred yards along a ridge, the undercut gets 15 to 20 feet high some of the time and lower down 10 to 15 feet at the most. The great thing about it is it's right next to a state groomed trail, very easy to get to (if you don't mind the woops in the trail after it hasn't snowed in awhile). Right around the tower mountain area there are lots of other canyons that are easily accessible, a few that you could ride for hours and not see anyone. You could always find a fresh untracked hill to climb, and find more little bowls to track out then I've ever seen. If you go North of tower mountain you come to a ridge that runs a few miles, if you get on top of it you can see from the Logan Mountains, down to Mountains by Nebo., unbelievable panoramic view.

Places I'd like to ride in the next years include the skyline drive area (Utah), Mirror lake (Utah, Southern Idaho (can you suggest some good mountain rides?), Colorado (Lake City), Wyoming (by Yellowstone) and Montana (Big Sky area).

I loved my trip to Moran Wyoming (Near Yellowstone) last year. The trails are groomed non-stop all day long. We rode an average of 50-60mph the whole time we were on the trails, (That's pretty quick for my wife and mom who were with us...) It's a great place, and if you ever go, stay at the Hatchet lodge. It's cheap, and you can ride your sled to the trails right from your room.

The sled I'm riding now is a 1993 136" V-max 4 with PSI Quad pipes. I've gone through the cornice a few times, and I can tell you it's a rush on a 136" skid. But it's doable. Maybe we can meet up sometime and go riding. We always go to the Lake Creek trailhead just East of Heber. I love it up there, and like you said there are places you could ride up there and not see a soul. Though after last Friday, I wouldn't venture too far off the trail again in the future. We got 4 sleds stuck in a creek bottom on top of tower and it took us 2 hours to dig them out. Good thing it was 11:00 am when we got stuck or we'd have spent the night on the mountain for sure.

Yes, anytime you want to meet up I'll come. LOL on the 2 hour stuck time. My record is 6 1/2 hours up snake creek canyon. And then 4 hours another time, almost in the same spot (that one was until 2 AM in the morning) Ya I pretty much stay within walking distance of the trail, even though I'm completely prepared to spend the night ...it would suck to have to.

We'll have to meet up somewhere and go for sure. I wasn't prepared to get stuck last time, but I'm definetly getting a shovel and making sure I wear something a little more water repellant than jeans the next time that I go... :lol:

I was asking about the 170hp claim out of a MM. If you want to ride the Bridgerland area we know it real well also southern Id. e-mail me your number I would love to ride

Back