sxr700 vs 600 iq shift

yankeeslover

i know, funny question, But just as i purchase my new to me 2000 SXR 700, My buddy now going out and getting a 2010 Polaris 600 IQ SHIFT.... i guess he outdid me..LOL.. but I dont want a payment.... anyways, will I be able to keep up with him? how will these sleds compare? I know, his is newer, better skid, but performance wise and speed wise, how will my 700 triple compare to his new twin 600? I imagine he will blow me away gas milage wise...Maybe im envious now...LOL :o|

I don't know how fast the Polaris is, I imagine it will out handle your sled. Look at it this way though, you are in NY so likely will do mostly trail riding. I don't run into too many instances where I'm wide open for extended periods. In the woods, noone pulls too far ahead of anyone else, it's mostly up to how aggressive a rider you are. On the lake, you'll always find someone faster and so will your buddy, but not rediculously so. Also the 700 doesn't get that bad of mileage, about 12-13 mpg.

Jet Clutch And Gear Your Sx And It Will Be Able To Be Competitive, The 600 Poos Go Really Well (125 Hp) Vs Your 112 Or Whatever They Were Rated At.

I beat a 600 switchback with my 2001 mm 700 badly. I guess it's a lot about clutching and traction. Good luck

Get ahold of mark or pat at Hauck Performance.. Big Yamaha racers... Get a stage 4 clutch kit for 250.00 you will be amazed at the performance difference you will get. Tell them what you want to do and they will set you up. 96 studs down the center of your track. And you will eat that little 600 pos up.

Plus that triple even though it is not an SRX im sure has some long legs down the stretch... Should be able in the long run to out run that thing but im not sure with the sx....

Go to the tech section and follow Turks set up for that sled. A lot cheaper than a clutch kit and still very effective. It will really wake it up. I did and loved it. I keep up with my brothers on 800 Poos. This year I'm adding a longer track, but I'm also adding a set of Bender triple pipes... Watch out!!

bojisrx said:
Get ahold of mark or pat at Hauck Performance

Hauckpowersports.com if you want to go that route. Very friendly bunch, good people in my opinion.

My buddy have a 2009 600 IQ Shift 136, and that sled is really slow. From factory the clutching seem to be way off on thoses machines. I beat him seriously with my Fx Nytro. No comparaison to do here. so i think you will be able to keep with or beat him if your sled is well set-up.

i have the montain max 2003 700 tripple with 153 extraverts and rolled chain case i have taken this sled 2 3 different snow draggs last year and did not find 1 800 polaris that could even get close 2 mine and allso my buddys 800 cat can not keep up either so u dial in that 700 and u got a rocket. the new ski doo 800 different story very quick out the gate, i can,t run with them on bottom end.

Back