Reclipping 1.5 track

sprocket

Would anyone have any info on what type of tool or where to buy a tool to reclip a 1.5 track ? I've tried the type that looks like a boltcutter and the type that is like a clamp(threaded rod two and blocks) with no luck as the track lug gets in the way with each of these, thought that one of you mountain guys might have some knowledge on this problem, thanks.

reclipping track

sprocket, i recently had to punch out the remaining windows and fully clip a track off of a 03mtnviper, so that i could use anti-rachet drivers. i puchased a snostuff tool from HPE and had the same problem you did. i took the die from the toolset down to a local machine shop and they built another one with legs that were 5/8ths of an inch longer out of 4140 steel. this along with two new round head shoulder bolts aprox 1 inch longer allowed me to use the tool over the 2 inch paddles. the die would only contact the top 1/4 inch of the paddle.(the serrated part). this along with an air gun made installing the clips go pretty easy. with this setup the clip would be seated about the same time the big center bolt would run out of threads under the head. using this setup on a 1.5 should be no problem. hope this helps.

Back