More M-10 help

sledderbob

Just finished installing the skid in a 2002 V-Max. Can't seem to get enough initial sag. I'm 200lbs when i sit on the sled it goes down till the coupler blocks ingauge then it gets very stiff. Only getting about 2 1/2" movement at the rear of the sled. the rear preload is 5/16", FRA at less than 1/2 on marks, limiter strap at 3/3, track tension 1"sag. bought skid at swap meet so don't know past history. How can I tell if that has the heavy duty spring from Fast. Spring coil diameter is .475. Any thoughts.

I had a 97 m-10 there were two holes that the fra "block" could be mounted into.In other words a high and low range (the block on the rail that the long allen head fra adjuster bolt goes thru.)If its not that then you need the lighter spring .good luck!

I had a similar thing, Fast had me shorten the plastic blocks by about 1/4 inch, I keep the fra at 1-3/4 to 2. I am also 200lbs. The sag is about 3-3/4. That is about the most sag I can get.

Bob

I agree with Bob....it will also help the skid transfer weight better....if you go the other toute once the shocks break in it will be to soft.

The first solution moving the blocks is suppose to be for only really light riders. Shortening the transfer blocks and gaining transfer is an option but at the expense of ride comfort and loss of pitch control. Does limiter stap lenght make a difference when the skid begins to couple? It looks llike a day of testing is in store. Would somebody please place an order for cold weather and snow? No I mean a large order for snow. I'll give Fast a call tomorrow just to be sure I don't have the heavy spring.

unless you have to much preload.....and you dont want to cut off the blocks..I would move the block....the heavy spring would be black.

Thanks Tom thats what I'll do for starters. Thanks for info on heavy spring. test test and more test I will get it to ride better than the pro action.

Back