RX1 Helixes: More than one?

SXRider7Hundo

VIP Member
So I bought a used helix from a fellow on here, from an RX1. I checked the parts fiche and the 03's had an 8BV number and there also was another one for an 8FA number also. From what I have checked in the Tech section, I wound up with an 8BV helix, so am I correct in saying I did not get a 51/43? Are all the 51/43 helixes 8FA numbers? I am confused... :o| :o|

I think they may have superseded the part # after 03. I remember having the same issue when it went to 8FA

Does the helix look like a straight angle or does it have a slight curve? I know the RX-1/Apex helix from Yamaha is called a 51/43 but Turk measured them before and there more like a 48/42 in real life so not much of a curve to them

Last edited:
Forgot to ask, are there any numbers after the 8BV? There is a page for yamaha helix identification in the tech section. You may have possibly gotten a straight 45

The mountain helix run a strate 45.
You want a 8bvfa helix - 51/43

It has a 71 on it. I am going to go run it today and see. If that s the case Ill just have to get another. Throw this one on the shelf...

However, it does appear to have a curve to it. Well see what happens I guess. The member I purchased it from responded to my pm and told me it came from an RX1, and it is a 51/43.

Last edited:

Back