rear cooler

Maim

Super Moderator
well i went and added a cooler to the rear of my sxr 500. nice part was no drilling required for the srx rear cooler. only a little cutting done by my brother on the flap brkt on the ls so it would go on over the cooler. got her all riveted in and went to put the hoses on. dont fit. my bro tried 3 times i tried 3 times with very hot water my buddy tried 2 times with hot water . phoned dealer and ordered sxr700 rear hoses. snowing outside :o| . good thing my buddy is old doo boy. took hose and peice of pipe from an old 444 and put together. no leaks. ;)! went for ride still no leaks. here are some pics.

you should have no problems if you have a tripple. the hoses are bigger in diameter. i could get my stock ones started but they wouldnt go over the hump in the pipe that helps prevent them sliding off. just posting this for fyi.

ok i made an oops. the sxr hoses are all the same no matter what year of sled. the hoses you need are srx/viper ones. they are bigger in dia than the sxr hoses. on the weekend did some riding and it made a big difference in the temps. cooled the r/s running board right down so it was only luke warm. too bad the temp outside was -22 celcius with windchill -40 c. now if i could just get er seated enough to start at that temp.........

Back