"The Chrome SRX Project"

2ooosrx

VIP Member
Website
www.cbperformanceparts.com
Well, many years ago I cleaned up my SRX by polishing many of the components of the sled. I have now made many new changes to the sled this year that I thought would post up because I am trying many new things with it this year.

One new change for this year will be the new Air-Filter kit that I designed (Sounds Awesome) a couple years ago. I will be doing the first testing of this kit this year and will report back the results. This kit will also incorporate a ram air system which will be shown later in this log when it is installed.

Another somewhat new change this year will be the belt drive system. We have tested this product before in the past with great results but a couple of components needed some redesigning which has already been completed.

Along with the belt drive system, a new rotor is mounted on the driveaxle this year instead of the jackshaft. There should be significant gains from this which I hope to report back during the winter season (The rotor alone is 3# lighter)

The "NO-Action" suspension was replaced this year with a mono-shock suspension which is a great improvement in terms of ride quality and about a 10# weight drop. Hopefully we will begin making the arms out of aluminum shortly to drop even more weight out of the suspension. A 8" big wheel kit was also put on the suspension which increased the weight of the suspension but the gains of the wheel size was to large to ignore. Lastly, the suspension has polaris oversize wheels on it to reduce hyfax wear.

The exhaust is a ceramic coated set of Power Inc pipes which were a great improvement to the weight, power, and sound of the sled. The center pipe also has an EGT installed in it this year to help monitor jetting of the new air-filter design.

One of the last improvements to the sled this year is a carbon fiber light weight hood. I will be picking this up shortly and it should drop nearly 8 - 9 pounds off the sled.

Here are some pictures of how the sled sits right now and some of the changes above that I have mentioned.

BRAKE MOUNTED BELOW

UNDER THE HOOD

MONO-SHOCK & 8" BIG WHEELS

BELT DRIVE SYSTEM (NO ROTOR)

ENGINE

There will be plenty more pictures to come and if you are interested in pictures of any specific part, let me know and I will post it up. ;)!

Sweet Bruce! Now, are you going to make some templates for installs of the Mono's? And can the mono's be installed in sleds that have the CB performance drop brackets in them?

There is actually already a write-up in the tech section of this website on how to install a mono into an SRX style chassis. It will work perfectly with the drop brackets as well because the rear mounting location is the same for both of the suspensions. All that is required to install this suspension is drilling one additional hole on each side of the tunnel, moving the inner brackets to this hole, and bolting it right up. Probably on of the easiest changes that has been made to this particular sled. lol

Thanks for the compliments guys, hopefully I will get a video of the sled running up here shortly.

Well, I think the sled is just about complete for the year and ready for the snow to fall. It tipped our scale at 510 pounds with a full tank of oil, full of antifreeze, about 1 gallon of fuel, spare belt/plugs, studded track, big wheel kit, and other components that did not help the weight loss cause, lol. The hood that is on it is about 8 pounds lighter than the stock hood and everything from the stock hood bolted right up to it. Majority of people cannot even tell it is lightweight which I found to be pretty nice. I decided to block off the vent for the pipes to potentially build more heat in the pipes. I also decided to machine out the rear plastic 8" wheels to make them look a little more appealing.

Rather than adding 100 pictures of this sled, I decided to post a video of the sled to show many of the changes and features of this sled. I will have to get some pictures of the sled out in the grass or snow for a better atmosphere because the warehouse had very poor lighting for pictures. Let me know what you all think. Thanks and if you have any questions, please post them up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xwcw9FMLWDQ

I wished I had more time to install that type of skid, Looks great. The air box is cool also. Hell the whole sled is a work of art. lol I hope you have it insured for a quoted value and not book value. Keep up the great work. Who knows maybe someday you may have one of my sleds in your shop. Al

Thanks for the comments guys, I am just relieved that the sled is finally back together. Here are some shots of the sled that I took the other day when there was some sun outside. These pictures show the reflection of the chrome much better than inside of our warehouse.

We (CB Performance Parts) built the belt drive and have been doing a large amount of testing on it the past ~3 years. We intend to have it offered to the public this year in both a trail and race version. It has shown pretty impressive gains in performance both on the track and on a track dyno.

are you going to sell the brake kit as well? The whole drive system looks killer! Big wheels, belt drive, extroverts, driveshaft brakes! You've done everything yamaha should have. Best part though... The Monoshock. a backsaver.

Hey 2000 SRX,

I have been looking at installing a M10 on my SRX and your sled is the first one I've seen with the Monoshock. Is this better than the M10 and easier to install? and would you recommend it over the M10?

Thanks!!

Your sled looks amazing!!

Tyler

duster_791 said:
are you going to sell the brake kit as well? The whole drive system looks killer! Big wheels, belt drive, extroverts, driveshaft brakes! You've done everything yamaha should have. Best part though... The Monoshock. a backsaver.

We will do testing with the brake unit this year and then see if it is a marketable product or not. The belt drive system itself will be available shortly as extensive testing has been done with it.

tyler66665 said:
Hey 2000 SRX,

I have been looking at installing a M10 on my SRX and your sled is the first one I've seen with the Monoshock. Is this better than the M10 and easier to install? and would you recommend it over the M10?

Thanks!!

Your sled looks amazing!!

Tyler

I personally have not installed an M10 nor have I riden on one. I have seen other sleds with M10's in them and the back end looks jacked way up in the air. I choose to install the mono for a better overall ride and the 10+ pound weight savings.

Back