700 v-max dlx ??

snoway

VIP Member
Need some advice for this sled
clutch set-up ideas using stock (yammie.) components.
also has anyone tryed putting the geared type full rate adjuster bolt into the susp. and does it work
Is there an easy way to move the fra, without the geared bolt like the Viper set-up has.

Also, I removed the w arm to check the plastic bushings and found no trace of any bushing or washer on the upper right side. The upper left was in place and showed minimal wear.
The right side has worn down the alum. cross shaft as a result.
Anyone ever seen this before?

8abs with 2.7g in both holes, Y-S-Y primary with 48/43, stock sec spring at 70deg and stock rollers 14.5 mm, 1 layer head gasket, notch Reed stoppers, bore silencer, jetting at 143.8 at 2 & 3, 145 at 1 set needles in clip position #1 , 1/2 shim. Check fuel levels to 14.3 mm

Its close but it will change slightly.....I am not at home right now and I have the set up written there. I will try and post it tonight. Hows that sound??

8abs with 3.1 in both holes, stock primary with 48/43, green sec spring at 80deg and stock rollers 15 mm, 1 layer head gasket, notch Reed stoppers, bore silencer, jetting and needles at stock. Check fuel levels to 14.3 mm. Set fuel screws at 1 3/4 turn.

Thanks MrSled!!

I have one more question?

Turk recommended a 51/43 helix at one time for this sled, I was just wondering what the performance differences would be if I use a 48/43 helix ?

also what is the stock helix ?

Thanks

Styles

Last edited:
I believe Mr. Sled answered that question in a previous post. He had not used Turk's setup but from the posts in that thread I believe Mr. Sled set up was a little more trail friendly and got better gas milage. Search the forum, I can have a bad memory!!

;)!....this is a dlx also not an sx...I have use a 50/42 in my SX's and SX-R's and for trail riding it would labor to much....just what I have found. These 2 set ups that I posted work really well on these dlx....also there are many ways to clutch sleds so I am sure there will be difference of opinions.

Styles211 said:
Thanks MrSled!!

I have one more question?

Turk recommended a 51/43 helix at one time for this sled, I was just wondering what the performance differences would be if I use a 48/43 helix ?

also what is the stock helix ?

Thanks

Styles

Stock helix is 45 if your asking about the 700. 47 for the 600

Back