thumb warmer

insaneSXR

the other day i broke the throttle assembly on my 2000 sxr and replaced it with one off my friends 99 srx. the problem is that now the heat knob dosent controll the heat setting. the thumb just stays on high all the time. any ideas what might be causing this?
thanks

I agree - his name is too close to yours Yamaholic22,----- but then again yours is to close to the original Yamaholic aka holic or aka mike.

I think the forum is getting so many people that its getting harder to be creative about a name.

Tod

ps - i just use Tod because my mommy gave it to me........ LOL

I like your name Tod...very simple ...and its really you....LOL ;)! If anyone want to change there name just send me your old name and the new and I will gladly update it for you...

LOL, your right Tod, I remember the first time seeing Yamahaulic (Mike) on here, but luckily he doesn't post too often. This guy, yamaholic2, has the same spelling and everything, even almost the same number

gee someone a little worried about some one having a name close to his? maby i should change it before he starts to cry

gee someone a little worried about some one having a name close to his? maby i should change it before he starts to cry

I think you are right Yamoholic2, you should change your name. look at it like this......... If you start to contribute good info to other TY'ers, they will start to respect you and may even call on you individually for info. Now if someone with a similar name leads someone in the wrong direction you would not want to get blamed for it or for someone to see your name and think, that was the guy that misled someone or loose your good rep because someone with a similar name was wrong.

There are a few others with similar names that are close to people with good reputations on here and if you do not look real close or do not reconize there avitar you need to pay attention to who it is for sure.

No one is crying, we are just trying to get you off to a great start here at TY.

Its just like snowmobiling - the more the marryier. :rocks:

Tod

to the original question

and I am just guessing here........... but doesnt the temp controll only controll the hand grips and not the thumb piece. I think you can only plug the thumb warmer in one way so its not like you could of pluged it in wrong. Its probably working just fine but you are not out in the normall cold weather that you would be if you were riding.

Oh wait you are like way north so maybe you have been out riding??????? Did you ride it yet??

????Tod??????

I wouldn't think it would make any difference between the two. Unless when you broke the throtle assembly you shorted the switch out and now it is stuck on high. You should only have one control knob for the handle warmers and thumb warmer if it is a 2000 sxr, if so are the handle warmers stuck on high also? If they are on high also than etheir the switch is bad or the wiring is wrong, but I do not think you have a wiring problem.

Wolfman

well i had to change the whole assembly so i unplugged the 2 connections and then plugged in the new one. there is only one knob and the hand warmers respond the the controller but the thumb warmer does not. thanks for your help guys. oh ya i almost forg got about your question tod. im about 2 hours north west of ottawa and i allready have a little over 200k on it. thanks again

Back