01 SXR Overrev, clutching question

pbspecial

O.K., so I got out for the first time today in Northern MI! About 6-8" in the Higgins Lake area, not bad for early December...This was my first ride on my sled with the following mods:

Carbon Tech reeds with Maxx Perf spacers
Head gasket with metal layer removed
Jetting: Main1 (142.5), Mains 2/3 (141.3), needle at 2.5 and air screws at 1 3/4 - Jetting spes as recommended by maxx perf
Stock Silencer bored
Camoplast Ice Claw Track
Stock clutch setup

At first it wet foouled the plugs right off idle, so I readjusted air/fuel screw down to 1 1/4, and put in new plugs, which cleaned the low end right up. Once that was done, I took it for a ride. Great throttle response and noticable increase in power! However it's now revving out at about 9,000. Seems a little high as it used to be around 8,200-8,400 with the stock setup. Track seems good (was running the stock track with 144 woody's), maybe a little looseer than before but good.

My question is; is the 9,000 too high and if so, what should I do to get it back in the sweet spot? Also what about the jetting? Does this sound on target? Plugs looked good after about 30 miles, maybe a little on the lean side but I think it's hard to tell with brand new plugs. It definately rips.

Never messed with the clutch before. Are there any special tools needed to make adjustments? Any help is appreciated.

PB

Take alook at the Tech Section for clutching ideas. Turk & Mr. Sled both have good clutch setups for that machine. That will take care of the high rev problem.
If your running a little lean now, your going to be to too lean when the cold weather sets in. BE CAREFUL!

pbspecial said:
O.K., so I got out for the first time today in Northern MI! About 6-8" in the Higgins Lake area, not bad for early December...This was my first ride on my sled with the following mods:

Carbon Tech reeds with Maxx Perf spacers
Head gasket with metal layer removed
Jetting: Main1 (142.5), Mains 2/3 (141.3), needle at 2.5 and air screws at 1 3/4 - Jetting spes as recommended by maxx perf
Stock Silencer bored
Camoplast Ice Claw Track
Stock clutch setup

At first it wet foouled the plugs right off idle, so I readjusted air/fuel screw down to 1 1/4, and put in new plugs, which cleaned the low end right up. Once that was done, I took it for a ride. Great throttle response and noticable increase in power! However it's now revving out at about 9,000. Seems a little high as it used to be around 8,200-8,400 with the stock setup. Track seems good (was running the stock track with 144 woody's), maybe a little looseer than before but good.

My question is; is the 9,000 too high and if so, what should I do to get it back in the sweet spot? Also what about the jetting? Does this sound on target? Plugs looked good after about 30 miles, maybe a little on the lean side but I think it's hard to tell with brand new plugs. It definately rips.

Never messed with the clutch before. Are there any special tools needed to make adjustments? Any help is appreciated.

PB

I have the same problem with my sled, after putting a new track and a silencer!! First, check if you don't have worn part in both clutch before trying to make clutch change like turk and everybody is suggesting!! My srx is on the dealer right now to check that!!

Back