Trail Reports, take with a grain of salt

alswagg

VIP Member
Don't you just like the trail reports with comments like, Excellant, or Best riding in years. We just returned from riding all of the Cadilac, Irons, Wellston and Manestee area trails. Cadilac Sands resort is commenting on Excellant trail conditions. Ya right, if you like riding on Snirt. The groomer was run but that just brought up the dirt. We found the best riding on the ungroomed two tracks. Actually the best area we found was near Manestee. Still not great riding but acceptable. Hyfax was surely worn as well as the new carbides. We even found one buried stump for the Viper.
I know trail reports are all subjective, but I wish there was some sort of a standard, say a 1-10 rating. I would rate the trails ridden a 4 the two tracks a 6. We definatly need more snow. Al

we rode welston, cadilac, reed city, baldwin and irons on saturday and i would have to agree with you, a bit dirty in spots and i could hear my carbides on some of the paved parts of the trails. i was a little disappointed with the conditions after reading trail reports last week. had a good ride though.

Wow, we rode from Lake city to Fife Lake both on trail and off and I thought it was pretty good. there was only a small area of the trail that was snirt and the rest was pretty good considering the early season conditions.

we were there same time as you. trails were bad east of wellston, much better once on the cadi system, atleast they were groomed. the best riding to be had is north of kaleva all the way to maple city. groomed and plenty of snow. wellston to kaleva not so good in places. the whole state is in need of snow the way the reports are reading. we were there to ride for 2.5 days and saw 4 separate groomers running. its one thing to ride in snirt, its a whole other thing to ride in snirt and bumps. i was happy to see them doing what they could with what they had. I do feel that the wellston reporter does a fairly accurate job reporting conditions. I actually email some of the reporters and tell them exactly how the trails are, they appreciate it because sometimes its their only source of info.

Sorry you guys had a bad trip...Lake city to fife lake and north to kalkaska / boyne has gotten more snow than cadillac area..I rode to lake cadillac from my house yesterday and was so dissapointed that my sled is back in the garage for a good long while....we have no snow in the forcast for the next week.....I am just north of cadillac

Back